We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help me.

I plan to go back to China (2nd time). I was in Shangahi, Beijing and Guilin last year.

This time I was planning to go either ChengDu or Lijian for about 10 days. I keep reading reviews and changing my mind every 5 minutes. I'm probably leaning towards Lijian, Dali and TLG.

I also was thinking maybe I should arrive into Guangzhou for a couple of days to start immersing into the change of environments. For some reason it seems to me that Lijiang and ChengDu are more remote places and being in a big city for a couple of days might make it easier. (strange thought)

Maybe i'm associating how easy was to go around Shanghai last year when I arrived.

I'm traveling solo and going straigth to either Lijian or ChengDu I'm a little concerned to not know where to go, or get lost with no knowlodge of mandarin .

Any suggestions or insight greatly appreciated.

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me.

Nothing much to see in Guangzhou so no reason to go there.

Lijiang is a small place; some English speaker, lots of tourists, and very easy to get around.

Chengdu is a largish city; some sights, but not as much to do as Yunnan. So I would recommend the Lijiang, Dali and TLG route. You would probably need to go via Kunming, which is a nice place to hang out for a day or so.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me.

Thanks. so much for the advice.

So should I make the starting point of my travel Kunming? Spend 2 days and proceed to Lijiang?

lijiang,china
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me.

as a know,it's not necessary to spend tin two days in kunming ,u can take a train to lijiang to ajust the sea level rising...

u can stay in lijiang as long as u can,at least two day,and then

shanggarila or meili snow mountain or TLG。。。

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me.

Yeah, i'd hang around kunming-- takes a few days to get into it, but if time is short, the advice re altitudes, sea levels, i think holds true.

Most people have to rush through, and probably dont realise the effect. Having done the rush through and cruise through, go the cruise through route. Longer but you feel much much beter imo. Talk to annie of a&h fame.

5. Re: Help me.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 05:17