We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 nights Yunnan

Which Lijiang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Blueys Beach...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
263 reviews
Save Topic
10 nights Yunnan

We will be arriving Lijiang on 8 November and flying out of Lijiang on 18 November. I think we could visit Shaxi and Dali using buses from Lijiang. Shangri-la and Tiger Leaping Gorge would require a driver so would it be best to do Lijiang to Dali and Shaxi and return to Lijiang. Then hire a driver in Lijiang to take us to TLG and Shangri-la? I've found some interesting places to stay on this site for Dali and Shaxi and would like to spend a few nights there.

Lijiang, China
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 nights Yunnan

Hey there!

You can do like this. Lijiang, then train or bus to Dali, then bus to Shaxi, then hire a car and drive 3 hrs from Shaxi to Tiger Leaping Gorge, then travel up to Shangrila either by bus or private car, then back to Lijiang.

Dali and Shaxi is definitely for people who love culture and local living.

Need more info., you may send me a massage directly via here.

Lijiang,Yunnan
Level Contributor
296 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 nights Yunnan

you also can do like below:

Lijiang by bus or train to Dali and spend few days in Dali;

Dali---Shaxi---Shibaoshan spend few days there.

Shaxi---Shibaoshan---Jianchuan(by bus)---Qiaotou(Tiger Leaping Gorge)---Shangri-La

Only after visiting shangri-La back to Lijiang.

3. Re: 10 nights Yunnan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 12:22
Blueys Beach...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 nights Yunnan

I'm afraid it took me some time to figure out the logistics. My return flight to Australia is from Lijiang. We are flying from Chengdu to Lijiang. It probably would have been better to fly to Dali but I needed to make quick decisions as we are leaving home on October 30. So I had to make the best of what I had so consequently will have to do some backtracking and will miss out on Shaxi. I'll pass on what I've learned to others planning a trip to Sichuan Province and Yunnan Province. It's extremely confusing understanding getting around this area. Nevertheless, I'm very excited about the itinerary we have finalised and look forward very much to our visit to China.

Lijiang,Yunnan
Level Contributor
296 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 nights Yunnan

If you fly to Dali first, then from Dali to Shaxi and stay one night in Shaxi, next from Shaxi to Shangri-La. After that from Shangri-La to Lijiang will be nice.

have a good trip to China!

yunnan
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 nights Yunnan

welcome to travel our Lijiang in advance .

I would like to recommed a local guide for you ,his name is Nongbu from Lijiang , he will arrange good driver for you , the cost of driver is reasonable , his telephone number is +86 13688764409

lijiang
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 nights Yunnan

Hi , i would like to recommed an itinerary for you according to your plan .

November 8 : Arrive in Lijiag , visit and have a walking in Lijiang Ancient Town .

November 9 : one day trip to Puji Monastery , Shuhe Old Tow , Baisha village and enjoy Naxi Impression Show.

November 10 : one day trip to Jade Dragon Snow ( cable car to Mountain , Blue Moon Valley , Jade water Vallage an Black Dragon Pool Park )

November 11 : By bus or by train to Dali , half a day around Dali Old City and Three Pagodas .

November 12 ; one day trip to Caoshan Mountain , Zhonghe Monastery and Erhai Lake .

November 13 : By car to Shaxi , overnight in Shaxi .

November 14 : one day trip around Shaxi ( , trekking to Shibaoshan mountain , nice temples and nice villages ), overnight in Shaxi .

November 15 : By car to Tiger Leaping Gorge , have a trekking for 4 hours in gorge , overnight in Middle Gorge .

November 16: By car to Shangirla , visit Songzai Monastery and Tibetan village , overnight in Shangirla .

November 17 : have a walking around Shanrila Ancient Town , then by car back to Lijiang .

November 18 : Leave Lijiang, the nice trip is over .

I hope this itinerary is useful for you .

November 16:

Blueys Beach...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 nights Yunnan

Thank you naxi s I'll take note of the things to do while in Lijiang. I had booked and paid for the Dragonfly Guesthouse at Shaxi on-line then found that it was fully booked. I was having such a problem with transport from Shaxi to Shangri-la that I decided to return to Lijiang for overnight and go to Shangri-la from there. The Linden Centre near Dali have arranged a car for us from and back to Lijiang. We are staying at the Tea Boutique when we return to Lijiang and they have quoted 900 CNY for a one way car to Shangri-la with sightseeing Tiger Leaping Gorge on the way. Seems high. We've already booked three nights at Songtsam Retreat then back to Lijiang for overnight before our flight home.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 nights Yunnan

Hey guys - I am planning Lijiang old town - Tiger Gorge, Snow Mountain and Shangri-La trip from Oct 29-Nov 5 with my wife. Anyone also coming along that time, and am happy to partner and be travel buddies for the trip.

We are coming down from Hong Kong.

Naximan / Naxi S, can you guys suggest an itenerary for us for the trip? And whether we can easily get English speaking guides and 3* hotels easily there itself, and only need to pre-book flights from here? We plan to hire driver for our domestic travel so we can see the nature all along, is that OK and safe?

lijiang
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 nights Yunnan

Hi , i don't know which kind of the car will be arranged by Tea Boutique for you by then , i can arrange cheaper one for you , 750RMB for one way .

I think you don't need to back to Lijiang from shaxi , you can go straight to Tiger Leaping Gorge , and overnight in gorge for one night at least , it's very nice there , also nice guesthouses such as : Half way Guesthouse , Tina' s or Sean's ...you will like there for sure .

Shaxi to Lijiang and Shax to Tiger Leaping Gorge is same discance , this is my suggestion for you .

Edited: 28 September 2011, 14:30