We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wenhai Hike

Ramat Hasharon
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Wenhai Hike

Walk to Whenhai from Baisha or from Yuhu next week , Is it good idea for 60 years old couple that like to walk in the nature ? Is it better to start from Baisha or Yuhu ? How much time ?

Thank you

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wenhai Hike

I'm a little dubious about this walk/hike in early April. I think there's a small road but very winding from Baisha, and a footpath over the mountains from Yuhu. From looks of the satellite map, Yuhu to Wenhai is probably about 8 km walking distance but those mountains are pretty steep; not sure if that path is used very much, so if you got into trouble, I don't know if you could find locals to help you out. You'd really be well advised to get local input in real time and check the weather forecast (temperature, rain and especially wind forecast). IMO, you should probably stick to biking from Shuhe to Baisha to Yuhu and some of the other villages, it cuts the distances down to more pleasureable distances than walking. And there are a bunch of old monasteries and temples in the foothills of this valley you could explore and just make a day of it. The bikes will help you carry snacks and water with you, which you will definitely need. You must take a mobile phone with you that works in China, in case you need to summon help. It's a nice valley but don't underestimate those surrounding mountains nor overestimate your abilities if you actually want to go hiking in them. Also remember that you are at altitude (2400 meters) which can have an effect on your stamina.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wenhai Hike

Thank you this info helps me get closer to my plan while in lijiang . Where would you stay ?

Day trips ?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wenhai Hike

Thank you this info helps me get closer to my plan while in lijiang . Where would you stay ?

Day trips ?

Lijiang,Yunnan
Level Contributor
296 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wenhai Hike

we just did the hiking trip to Wenhai last week, it was great. sometimes it was very windy! for the hiking path, it's better to have a local guide who knows the road very well. if you need any help,please feel free to contact with me!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wenhai Hike

Thank you

6. Re: Wenhai Hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Lijiang