We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport

Canvey Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Transport

what is the best way to go from Cavtat to Dubrovnic & return. I've read heard about a water taxi is this right & what's the cost.

4 replies to this topic
Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Transport

Water taxis run frequently from Cavtat harbour to Dubrovnik. Its a very pleasant sail.

The alternative is the number 10 bus which runs from the bus station in Cavtat to Dubrovnik and back but its a bit of a walk into the old town from the bus stop.

The bus is cheaper and quicker than the water taxi but gets very crowded at certain times of the day. The bus runs later at night than the water taxis (till about midnight).

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
523 reviews
2. Re: Transport

This is the regular boat servuce

http://www.adriana-cavtat.com/rbl.php

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
4,332 posts
196 reviews
3. Re: Transport

Adriana is one of the three companies operating the boats between Cavtat and Dubrovnik Old Port (Sea Line and Vivado being the other two). Their ticket stands are all in a line on the main harbour front. Just choose whoever is operating the next departure, services are frequent.

Edited: 20 May 2018, 19:44
Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
4,332 posts
196 reviews
4. Re: Transport

As to the cost, I was there last month and it was still 100 kuna return as it has been for the last few years. I have always chosen the boat, yes it’s relatively expensive compared with the bus but it’s a lovely journey and I didn’t like the look of the crowded bus.

Reply to: Transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cavtat
Recent Conversations