We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place To Snorkel In Cavtat?

Devon
Level Contributor
15 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place To Snorkel In Cavtat?

Hi, lots of people have mentioned the clear water, but can anyone suggest the best places to snorkel? Thanks

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place To Snorkel In Cavtat?

There's good snorkelling from the rocks along Put Tihe (the coast road between the town and hotel Albatros) but keep away from where the boats moor up.

There is a roped off swimming area in front of the Cavtat hotel (formerly Iberostar Cavtat).

Rat peninsula is also good.

I've SCUBA dived in Cavtat, but also found plenty to see close to shore like octopus and a variety of other aquatic life and fish

Fleet
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place To Snorkel In Cavtat?

Hi, we are heading to Cavtat in Aug and very interested to hear about the snorkelling. My husband is interested in Scuba diving having got his PADI certificate. Please could you tell me g0akc who you booked this through? Thank you in advance

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place To Snorkel In Cavtat?

I booked diving with Epidaurum;

http://www.epidaurum.com/en/centar.php

As mentioned in another post, the other dive centre I know of in Cavtat is only for guests at the Hotel Croatia (seemed to be more for 'try dives' than trips for certified divers).

Fleet
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place To Snorkel In Cavtat?

Thank you for your reply and the link. Much appreciated.

Bala Cynwyd
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place To Snorkel In Cavtat?

I snorkeled very close to town from stone steps just past the Poseidon restaurant. The water was clear, but all I saw were tiny fish, seaweed, and black anemones. The Adriatic is not the Red Sea.

The glass bottom boat was a nice trip, but that too had few fish and no coral.

Maybe a scuba service knows better places.

6. Re: Best Place To Snorkel In Cavtat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Cavtat
Recent Conversations