We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes in Croatia?

newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitoes in Croatia?

Going to Cavtat/ Dubrovnick on 1st June. Is there any need to take anti-mossie spray etc./ Just thinking of all that water and all those forests. Also are there any horrible insects to watch out for?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,581 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitoes in Croatia?

Not sure when they will show up but there have been instances of mosquitoes in the area you are going..but have no fear they will all be at Dubrovniktravelady's house!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitoes in Croatia?

They have arrived and yes they are flying around here waiting for me. Wonder why Ivo never gets any bites??

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,581 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitoes in Croatia?

Are they always out this early in the spring?

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitoes in Croatia?

Not as bad as the summer months, but killed one last night about the size of a lizard. Of course that was after he snacked on me.

Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitoes in Croatia?

Try Avon's 'skin so soft'

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitoes in Croatia?

Have not noticed any Avon products here. I do make my own mosquito spray with lavender oil and lemon juice and it works ok.

newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitoes in Croatia?

Thanks everyone. Guess the deet spray will be getting packed.

Co. Durham
Level Contributor
29 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquitoes in Croatia?

I got eaten alive last August. I bought some gel to take the swelling down and it stopped the itching in a chemist in Cavtat ask for Femistill

I found walking around the peninsula with the trees to be a particularly risky place to be if mosquitos find you tasty.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mosquitoes in Croatia?

The mozzies are out in force I found a week ago. I use tablets in plugs in accommodation and sprays on myself in the evenings.

10. Re: Mosquitoes in Croatia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Cavtat
Recent Conversations