We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night return to Cavtat from Dubrovnik?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Late night return to Cavtat from Dubrovnik?

So! I've just accidentally booked a hotel for 2 nights in Cavtat thinking it was a neighbourhood in Dubrovnik (typical of me...) and then I realized it's much more than walking distance. I am wondering if anyone could tell me of any if there are any available options in terms of getting back to our hotel in Cavtat from Dubrovnik after, let's say, 2AM? I assume taxi will be the only option, but I thought I'd check. And how expensive is a cab for that distance? We're in our 20s and can't really hold ourselves to a 12AM curfew to catch the last bus.

Thank you in advance!

Alexa

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Late night return to Cavtat from Dubrovnik?

Your only option at that hour is a taxi, cost can be about 300 Kuna from the old town. The bus will begin at 5am, so you can wait until then also. Is there any chance you can cancel your reservations with no penalty, it might be best if you still have enough lead time.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
50,467 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late night return to Cavtat from Dubrovnik?

Yes it might be less expensive to cancel your hotel in Cavtat and maybe pay a penalty for it?

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
871 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Late night return to Cavtat from Dubrovnik?

last bus leaves Dubrovnik at 1:30 AM, single one way ticket is 25 kunas (just above 3 eur).

Taxi will take 200-250 kunas one way

4. Re: Late night return to Cavtat from Dubrovnik?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Cavtat