We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split to Hvar

Which Hvar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
247 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Split to Hvar

Can this be a day trip in May? Do the ferries run often enough so you can go to Hvar in the morning and return in the evning?

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split to Hvar

Yes, there is a ferry three times a day even in winter. It takes 1h 40min to get to Starigrad. There you should take the local bus to take you to Starigrad, beacuse the port for the ferries is few km outside the town, or you can walk along the coast.

If you rent a car on the island you can even see other towns, Hvar Jelsa etc

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Split to Hvar

Jelsa,

Which company are you refering to? I've checked both Jadrolinija and Krilo, and they have only one trip per day from Split to Hvar, till end of May, and it's late in the day.

Please let me know. I'll also be there in May. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Split to Hvar

http://www.jadrolinija.hr/pdfs/635.ENGL.pdf

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Split to Hvar

Look again , it is always Jadrolinija . ZThe ferry you mention is the line coming from Rijeka, but there are local ferries 3 times a day from Split to Starigrad, as I already said.

sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
247 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Split to Hvar

Can this be arranged when we get to Split? Thanks for all the information.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Split to Hvar

Apsolutely.. no rush if there's only few of you!

Cheers!

Sandra

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Split to Hvar

These are little ferries with no bookings, neither need for booking, because they can always pick up all the passengers.

8. Re: Split to Hvar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 03:15