We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

split airport to ferry

RIO DE JANEIRO
4 posts
Save Topic
split airport to ferry

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this query? I'm planning on travelling to Hvar in July and I'm flying into Split from Amsterdam and just trying to work out how long the trip from the Airport to the Ferry will take. I think the Ferry departs for Hvar at 5pm and we need to work out if we have enough time to make it. We land in Split at 15:25. If anyone can help with letting me know how many km's and minutes were looking at here I would be really appreciative.

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: split airport to ferry

There is also a ferry at 8,30p.m. to Stari Grad and at the ferry port there is a bus for Hvar town, Starigrad, and Jelsa.

Check on www.jadrolinija.hr the high season time table,and see which one is the best for you.

Maybe someone else will answe how long does the bus take from the airport, I only know that it comes to the ferry port.

Croatia
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: split airport to ferry

first of all, expect going through customs and retreiving baggage to take you about 20-40min after you arrive.

next, you need to know how often the bus from the Split airport leaves for the port (it should leave every hour to hour and a half, but you should double check this and compare it to your arrival time).

From the airport to the port, you will need about 45min (call it an hour or so when you take into account summer traffic). If you decide to take a taxi (which I wouldnt recommend unless you have no problem parting with the cash), that could take 20-30min (again, depending on traffic conditions).

You will also need to take into account time to buy the tickets at the ferry terminal. Depending on which berth the ferry leaves, it could take max up to 10min to get yourself and your luggage from the terminal where you buy tickets to your ferry.

All in all, unless things go perfect for you, I honestly dont see you making the 1700 ferry.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,966 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: split airport to ferry

I think that the only way you could make it is if you get a taxi and tell the taxi driver you need to get a 5 pm ferry and to take you right to the kiosk to buy the tickets. And before then you will need to get through the airport very quickly. If you were out of the airport by 4 pm you have a chance. It is 30-40 minutes driving and over 20 km. There's a website (of course!) that can be useful: www.toandfromtheairport.com/croatia.html#SPU

RIO DE JANEIRO
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: split airport to ferry

thanks a lot guys....i just cant believe theres only one ferry to hvar from split after 5 pm...isnt it summer time ? but anyway...thank you so much for the information...

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: split airport to ferry

In the first half of Aug. the ferries drive day and night regardless of the timetable. If there are long queues they add more ferries.

6. Re: split airport to ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Hvar