We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference bet day trip to Hvar or stay over 1 or 2 nights ?

sydney
Level Contributor
382 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Difference bet day trip to Hvar or stay over 1 or 2 nights ?

We have 8 nights and 7 full days in Croatia in July and had wanted to divide our time between Splt, Hvar and Dubrovnik but think it might be too rushed to do 3 nights, 2nights ,3 nights. Is it better to divide our time between 2 places and only stay in Split and Dubrovnik and do a day trip to Hvar ? Or would it be better to spend 1 or 2 nights there? Not sure how long the catamaran takes from Split to Hvar and the time it returns to split and wondering if we could spend a day and an ebvening in Hvar and return later at night? Is it worth spending 1 night and 2 days at Hvar or will this be too rushed? We want to visit Trogir and Nat park krka and do a day trip to an island from Dubrovnik. We could take the ferry on the thursday from Dubrovnik to Hvar or is it better to take the bus from Dubrovnik to Split . Which is quicker or nicer and do we have to book the ferry in advance for July?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
42,583 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference bet day trip to Hvar or stay over 1 or 2 nights ?

You will not need to book the ferry in advance if you choose to take the ferry to Dubrovnik. That trip is really slow though and I think it would be better to take the bus. I think you should look at spending a night or two on Hvar, at least three in Dubrovnik and the rest in Split. If you have the time you might as well stay a night or two in Hvar. Obviously you could take a day trip out there, but staying a night will allow you to soak up the atmosphere of the place a bit better.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference bet day trip to Hvar or stay over 1 or 2 nights ?

I have only been to Hvar once, but I would recommend spending a bit of time there, a night or two... its much more relaxing than Split and Dubrovnik and its a nice break inbetween the two cities. Can't really help on the travelling its baffeling me too!

sydney
Level Contributor
382 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Difference bet day trip to Hvar or stay over 1 or 2 nights ?

Thanks for your replies. Any recommendations for a 3 or 4 star hotel would be appreciated

sydney
Level Contributor
382 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Difference bet day trip to Hvar or stay over 1 or 2 nights ?

we are thinking of booking at Amfora Hotel on Hvar for 3 nights. How does it compare to stay here location wise or is it nicer to stay in Hvar town?

sydney
Level Contributor
382 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Difference bet day trip to Hvar or stay over 1 or 2 nights ?

thanks for your help. we have booked to stay in Hvar for 3 nights at Amfora Hotel.

6. Re: Difference bet day trip to Hvar or stay over 1 or 2 nights ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2010, 05:17