We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you relax on Hvar?

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Can you relax on Hvar?

A friend and I have booked an apartment five minutes from the town center in Hvar. We're looking for a quiet beach vacation... relaxing on the beach or exploring during the day and then having a nice dinner at night. Is Hvar a place where one can do that, or is it just a mad party scene with loud, drunk people everywhere? A friend went last summer and, to our surprise, said it wasn't a relaxing place-- all loud partiers everywhere. Is this accurate?

London
Level Contributor
29 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you relax on Hvar?

Yes, you can relax on Hvar.

Rent a boat, scutere and explore hidden bays, beaches, and many beautiful not so crouded pleaces around the island (paklinski island, dubovica, zarace, Vrbovska...) Also you can drive vith scuter around island and explore small villages like Malo Grablje, Brusje, and visit lavander fields...

Enjoy, Hvar is charming!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you relax on Hvar?

When are you going? We went just over a week ago and at this time of year, it was very relaxing, but it is not high tourist season.

Two great restauarants we found -- Dalmatin, near town. and Vartal near the monastery.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
216 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you relax on Hvar?

Don't worry. Hvar town (in season) is full, there is party and crowds. But, as mentioned above - it is easy to get away from all that. Just make sure you google a bit and have a look at all the beaches around (there are plenty web-sites to help you). If you have access to a car I really recommend you explore also "inland". Tiny villages, fields, old roman road, olive oil... Hvar can be both if you want it to - loud or quiet.

4. Re: Can you relax on Hvar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2012, 20:35
Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you relax on Hvar?

You probably have never been there Tvrtko , or it is just you.

What you write is absolutely not true.

Singergirl, just browse through the posts of the other posters who wrote about their experience and you will get the real picture.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you relax on Hvar?

We spent 2 weeks in Hvar town in 2010. It was July/ August which is peak season and yes you can definitely relax. It was pretty busy and full of life but we didn't see any load drunk people. Head to Falkos bar for a drink after the beach they have hammocks and cushions to sit on and it is an ideal place to chill.

New York
Level Contributor
594 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you relax on Hvar?

Right now my vacation has me in Hvar the 2nd week of September and I was hoping to be there during the tail end of the "party scene" but a friend told me that when she was there the first days of September last year the "scene" was even winding down significantly when she was there. I don't care about it being "raging" but I don't want it to be quiet and lame either. Help? We are looking to stay at the Hotel Amfora.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
45 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you relax on Hvar?

Definitely rent scooters and explore the hidden little towns- just did it oday!

9. Re: Can you relax on Hvar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Hvar