We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat advice please; Split to Hvar.

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Boat advice please; Split to Hvar.

Apologies for covering old ground but I'm struggling to work out a transfer plan from Split airport to Hvar with any confidence! Would really appreciate any guidance with the following please:

We plan to fly to Split on Monday 24th of September, landing at 09.15am; seems like we then have to get a cab to the port to take a boat / cat to Hvar?

What boat options are there on the 24th in line with our flight arrival please, and is it possible to book in advance?

Do boats really sell out in September?!

Coming back on 28th of September - flights are either at 10.20 or 14.20 from Split.

Again, what boat transfer options are there from Hvar to allow us to make either of those flights please?

My obvious concern is that I can't get a ticket for the boat back and miss my flight! Can tickets for the return be purchased in advance on the island?

Really want to make this trip but the transfer is putting me off a little, hence the request for expert advice :-)

Thanks.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat advice please; Split to Hvar.

You don't need to get a cab from the airport. The airport shuttle bus also goes non-stop to the port and is a lot cheaper. I'd be very surprised if the 11.30 catamaran is full on a Monday in late September. There are catamarans back from Hvar town at 6.35am and 7.30am. You can get tickets the previous day. However, spending the last night in Trogir (closer to the airport than Split) would be a good alternative. Trogir is well-worth seeing and you would avoid an early start to catch the catamaran.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
241 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat advice please; Split to Hvar.

Apt is right, I would also suggest you to spend the last day in Trogir. Not because of the possibility that you won't catch a catamaran to Split, but because it's a very nice city.

If not, there's also a possibility of thaking a ferry from Starigrad on Hvar island (it's about 20 km from town Hvar) at 05:30 with arrival to Split at 07:30. I have never heard that there is no place for people without a car on ferry.

For incoming, just take the bus at the airport, it will leave you very close to the port (maybe 10 minutes on foot). There are 2 catamarans - at 11:30 and 15:00 and a few ferries to Starigrad.

www.jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?dpid=1304

Have a nice stay!

Edited: 22 August 2012, 09:35
London
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat advice please; Split to Hvar.

Thanks guys; so would we get a boat from Hvar across to Trogir direct?

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat advice please; Split to Hvar.

Only as a trip from Hvar to Trogir. There is no direct boat. Lots of people are happy to get the early catamaran and then get to the airport for the flight. If you are on the 14.20 flight there is no problem anyway. Otherwise use the earlier one and get the airport bus straight off. Of course, Trogir is well worth seeing anyway...

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
241 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat advice please; Split to Hvar.

I think that all the boats go to Split. You can to Trogir by bus or taxi. Split Airport is closer to Trogir than to Split. Leave a few hours to explore Split, too... Very old Roman city, you won't regret it! You have to see Diocletian's Palace and have a drink on Riva.

Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat advice please; Split to Hvar.

I am sorry to tag onto this mesage but I was wondering if I could have some advice going the other way. We are flying out of Split at 13.10 on Sunday 9th Sept and staying on Hvar. I have tried to understand the ferry and the cat info but have got competely confused. Please could someone let me know what ferry/cat we need to get? Thanks

Durham
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat advice please; Split to Hvar.

There are catamarans from Split to Hvar town at 3pm and 5pm. Two different companies but you get tickets for both at the Jadrolinija ticket office at Split harbour.

8. Re: Boat advice please; Split to Hvar.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 January 2013, 21:35
Amsterdam, The...
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat advice please; Split to Hvar.

Catamaran of Jadrolinija company provide to offer sea transfers from Split harbour to Hvar. Another company is Krilo and you can look at:

http://krilo.hr/en/index.html

Is not possible to buy before you arrive up 2012 but you can send one email for check it ( maybe for 2013 season is possible ) :)

You can book a private transfer before your arrive from Split Airport to Hvar and also for come back. If you take a comeback transfer is better to start 3 hours before your fly. Distance from Split Airport is arround 800 meters and if you don't have more bags you can going by walk following Put divulja Street on google map and you need arround 15 min.

Another option is take a autotaxi. Price is 100,00 Kuna ( arround 13,00 Eur) for one way from port of Divulje to Split Airport ( for 4 people ).

On this map you can check you route and also modified here in according of company. For any reasons your accomodation is on Hotel Amfora, is possible to stop 50 meter from entrance for not spend more money for take a taxi from Hvar harbour to Hotel.

www.adriatic-express.com/speed-taxi-boat.html

More info at: www.adriatic-express.com

10. Re: Boat advice please; Split to Hvar.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 12:35