We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hvar nightlife - the truth?

Malmo, Sweden
4 posts
Save Topic
Hvar nightlife - the truth?

Hi,

I have a few questions about the nightlife at Hvar:

1. What is the truth abouth Hvar's nightlife? Several websites describe Hvar's nightlife in high season (July -August) as very hectic, crowded, wild, fantastic etc. But I must admit that I have my doubts. What is the truth about Hvar's nightlife compared to other 'summer destinations' in the Mediterannean?

2. I heard a rumour that bars and pubs in Croatia (including Hvar) are not allowed to serve alcohol after 11 PM, which means that 'clubs' such as Carpe Diem, Carpe Diem Beach and Veneranda, are the only places serving alcohol after 11 PM. Is this correct?

Best regards

Peter

66 replies to this topic
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
44 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hvar nightlife - the truth?

This is not correct in Hvar, but the bars around the Harbour do stop serving about 2am, some at 11pm but not all. We also found bars that served after 11pm in other places we visited.

I did not find the bars and clubs Hectic, we were there 20th Aug for 5 days, We went to Veneranda and stayed for 1/2 hour as it was empty, it is about £15 to get in. We went to Carpe Diem but only in the daytime, also not very busy.

Malmo, Sweden
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hvar nightlife - the truth?

@VegasZ - Thanks for your reply. It is good to know, that at least some bars serve after 11pm. At what time did you go to Veneranda?

London
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hvar nightlife - the truth?

Hi,

I've recently came back from Hvar in July, this is all bogus, we often didn't go out till 11pm returning at 6ish when carpe diem closed. Carpe diem is always busier than Veneranda in my experience, both are awesome clubs. Prices are high to get in but in my opinion Hvar is well worth it, i should know, I'm returning next Tuesday :).

Malmo, Sweden
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hvar nightlife - the truth?

@Katie - OK, that sounds great! I am glad to finally hear that someone did in fact have a blast! Have you tried to visit the nightclub Pink Champagne as well?

Please post an update on your experiences from your return to Hvar next week. :-)

London
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hvar nightlife - the truth?

I've never heard of that one! I'm hoping it will still be busy enough when I visit. It was rammed in July but expect the crowds to have died down. I'm looking to see more of the island this time though! The nightlife in hvar has a better vibe about it, I refuse to go to the other party resorts - they tend to be full of 18 year olds throwing up, needless to say they are all Brits....hvar is mixed, has a cosmopolitan feel!

Malmo, Sweden
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hvar nightlife - the truth?

@Katie. OK. Pink Champagne is a new nightclub from the same people behind Hula Hula bar. You can read more about it here: http://www.pinkchampagnehvar.com/

Have a nice trip, It sounds great!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
44 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hvar nightlife - the truth?

I didn't go to Pinck Champagne but really wanted to, We went to Veneranda at about 2.15am and left at about 3am. I love Hula Hula, I preferred it to Carpe Diem in the day/ear;y evening, great tunes and lovely sunsets. Kiva, cafe bar Sidro and there is also a Jazz bar that served very late too.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Hvar nightlife - the truth?

Wheres the best place to stay if you're going to Hvar? Close to the nightlife

Waterford, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hvar nightlife - the truth?

Hi,

I am looking to have a hoiliday at the end of interailing with my friend this august! I'm finding it really hard to decide as we want a party place! is this Zrce beach on Novalija or would Hvar be better?? Also really need help on the accommodation..somewhere cheap enough and for young people and near the parties : )

Could someone please help...Thank you : ) x

Rijeka
Level Contributor
39 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hvar nightlife - the truth?

my suggestion for hvar is the kiva bar...but in my opinion Novalja-Zrce (Island Pag) is a much, much better party spot. bigggg beach clubs, pools, animation, international djs, sport & fun.

after beach parties are the best.

also zrce is probably cheaper than the fancy carpe diem and similar hvar bars.

Reply to: Hvar nightlife - the truth?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted