We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance walking from Krizni rat to town/restaurants

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
271 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Distance walking from Krizni rat to town/restaurants

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how long it should take to walk from Krisni rat into town? I am looking at staying in this area because it looks quiet and peaceful yet perhaps close enough to walk to town. We are good walkers but I do wonder about how I will feel after a busy day and walking to town for dinner and then a return walk afterwards. It looks like it will be flat anyway. I am looking around intersection of Matea Botterija road or perhaps up the next street.

Thank you for any feedback on this question and location,

Susan

United States
Level Contributor
9,386 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance walking from Krizni rat to town/restaurants

Hello...sometimes replies are hit and miss on this forum so while I can't exactly answer your question I had a similar dilemma about a hotel and apartment in the Podstine area. It seemed to be anywhere from 15-30 minute way to center depending on reviewer. I decided that given we like to return from time to time during the day to our hotel and especially at night like to eat in town we went with a centrally located hotel with reports on good windows. Probably going to hear some noise but it was a trade off. If you have a hotel check out the reviews. You can send a private mail to those that have stayed there and ask distance etc. or inquire of the place directly but bear in mind they minimize the distances. Good luck.

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
271 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance walking from Krizni rat to town/restaurants

Thanks Gene,

I do have this dream a staying somewhere a little more secluded, this would be almost our only stay like that in a 3 week trip of Italy and Croatia. All other locales I have picked are pretty much right in a town or couple blocks off of center of town.

Yeah, I even tried to google map the distance and was coming up with some funny directions taking me way up the hill and then back down. I think pretty much you can walk along the water to get to town center. I have put out a private mail to the only person that mentioned this apartment I have picked.

I will certainly post my review when trip is completed.

thanks again! Susan

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
3. Re: Distance walking from Krizni rat to town/restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 April 2013, 19:28
Hvar
Level Contributor
118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance walking from Krizni rat to town/restaurants

Monkey pilot ,

you are totally wrong

The Krizni Rat area is not near hotel Amphora and is totally on the other side of Falko beach Bar .

Isabella , the walk from Matea Botterija road to the Riva (catamaran harbor) takes 15 min. going along the sea walk .

Have a great vacation

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
271 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance walking from Krizni rat to town/restaurants

Oh thanks LupeHvar for clearing that up, it didn't make sense to me. I see where the Riva is and 15 min is not bad. But are most of the restaurants and sights of town much further? I feel a little silly quibbling over 5 or 10 minutes as I do walk an hour a day but I know sightseeing ALL day can take a lot out of the feet. I am wondering if there are bicycle rentals in town...

I know I should commit soon! thanks again everyone,

Susan

Hvar
Level Contributor
118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance walking from Krizni rat to town/restaurants

Bikes and scooter are pretty cheap to rent and always available almost everywhere in the city .

In your case , biking to the city and back would be very comfortable as the way to the riva for you is almost entirely flat .

For prices you could ask to Hvar15 (a member of this forum)

Enjoy Hvar Island

7. Re: Distance walking from Krizni rat to town/restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 05:18