We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EARLY ferry/catamaran from Split to Hvar in August?

Which Hvar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
59 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
EARLY ferry/catamaran from Split to Hvar in August?

Hello! I have been searching older posts but have not found any answer - can anyone tell me if there are any EARLY ferries/catamarans from Split to Hvar on a Thursday in August? We want to do a day trip to Hvar (or a night in Hvar), but I only can find a late afternoon transfer, which gets to Hvar in the evening, and only a super-early morning transfer back to Split the next morning, virtually making a day trip or overnight impossible to see anything! We need to be in Dubrovnik the next night. I have searched for days....perhaps I am missing something? Thank you in advance! :-)

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,072 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EARLY ferry/catamaran from Split to Hvar in August?

Looks like there is an 0830 ferry that leaves Split and goes to Stari Grad on Hvar...I think the catamarans run in the afternoon though and they would go directly to Hvar Town. Have you considered finding a company that does day trips to Hvar?

NJ
Level Contributor
59 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EARLY ferry/catamaran from Split to Hvar in August?

Oh! That is helpful......where were you able to find that ferry? I assume there is a bus from Stari Grad to Hvar that runs regularly? Do you know how I can find companies that would do day trips? That would also be a huge help! Thank you -

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,072 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EARLY ferry/catamaran from Split to Hvar in August?

Check ferry schedules on

http://www.jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?lang=2

I would just google day trips from Split to Hvar or maybe a Split expert can give you some advice.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,408 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EARLY ferry/catamaran from Split to Hvar in August?

Last August krilo jet put on an extra service leaving Split at 10am and returning in late afternoon, but no sign of it this year, yet.

NJ
Level Contributor
59 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EARLY ferry/catamaran from Split to Hvar in August?

That's actually the site I looked at, but I can only see a ferry at 15:00 from Split to Hvar.........am I doing something wrong?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,072 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EARLY ferry/catamaran from Split to Hvar in August?

You might have to put Split to Stari Grad and not Hvar if you are looking for ferries...the catamarans go directly to Hvar town but the ferries will take you to Stari Grad.

NJ
Level Contributor
59 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EARLY ferry/catamaran from Split to Hvar in August?

Yes, now I see it - thank you! I guess I have been doing TOO MUCH research lately and needed a break! LOL I was looking for Split to Hvar in the upper boxes, but didnt' search the rest of the site....thank you! :-)

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EARLY ferry/catamaran from Split to Hvar in August?

There is an 11.30 am catamaran as well run by jadrolinija.

9. Re: EARLY ferry/catamaran from Split to Hvar in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 05:17