We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 nights in croatia - which islands are best to go to??

Birmingham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
10 nights in croatia - which islands are best to go to??

My boyfriend and I have booked flights to Split at the beginning of September we are in Croatia for 10 nights and leaving from split. We want to spend most of our time on the islands but I am struggling to find a route to include about 3 islands to visit. I was initially thinking Vis, Hvar, Korcula but looking into it there only seems to be one ferry from vis to Hvar which would give us just 1 or 2 nights. We are quite keen to experience a variety of island life. I have also looked in to Solta but I cant find any ferries that depart from or go to Hvar or Korcula. Are there any private boats we can get or is that really expensive?

Can anyone advise????

Thanks

Nicole

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 nights in croatia - which islands are best to go to??

Just return to Split when there are not direct ferries.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,785 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 nights in croatia - which islands are best to go to??

Becuase unless there is a day trip it will be expensive to do it privately. However, you could look at Jelsa on Hvar and Bol on Brac as there is a catamaran between the two.

12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 nights in croatia - which islands are best to go to??

My experience with Croatian coast and esspecially islands is they are deffinatly worth seeing. Try sailing, or simillar way, there are tons of small and way more charming places to see other tjan the ones ferry would take you. (Palmizana, Pakleni otoci, hidden bays etc.). We used fleet sailing with bunch of other yachts and you dont have to charter the whole yacht, you can go as a single traveler or s couple (www.sailing.hr). If you use ferry you need to go back to Split for there is no good island-hoping connection, and getting back to crowded city is not nice after spending two days, per ex on Vis. Apart from that, boat trip is probably the best way to get the whole lazy relaxed atmosphere of Dalmatia. when we were doing the fleet sailing the hosts from the Agency really made an extra effort to intriduce us with the best food and wines aswell. Dont miss Komiza on Vis and 'Konoba Roki's'!

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,785 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 nights in croatia - which islands are best to go to??

Being on the ferries is great - you can sit outside enjoying the sunshine. The first time I went to Croatia I did the travel by coming back to Split and going off again on another boat - once we ran off one boat, ran to the ticket kiosk, booked another and were off again within half an hour. We visited Hvar (stayed in Jelsa), Vis (stayed in Komiza) and Brac. The catamarans are quicker but more boring and you can't be outside.

LNP who also operate catamarans between Split and Rogac http://lnp.hr/en/timetable#Solta are operating a tourist service using catamaran Bisevo at the weekends to Hvar and Brac - you can buy singles or returns: http://lnp.hr/Resources/JelsaEng.pdf

LNP also operate a ferry from Drvenik to Domince if travelling to Korcula from the Split direction: http://lnp.hr/en/timetable#Drvenik

5. Re: 10 nights in croatia - which islands are best to go to??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 05:18