We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jelsa to bol day trip or havr to plakeni isl

hants, uk
Level Contributor
469 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
jelsa to bol day trip or havr to plakeni isl

Thinking of a day trip from Jelsa to Bol (without catching a 6am ferry!)...if i walk down to the harbour, will there be a choice of excursion boats available? How much would they cost approx? Is it better to look for a speedboat excursion? Have been googling for information but cannot find what i need! I am looking for a boat trip from @ 10am that will return @ 3-4pm. Is Zlatni Rat on Bol worth a visit?? Or should I just explor Hvar Island (as i have a rental car with me on the island?)

Alternative plan is to go to Hvar town and go to Plakeni islands? is this a shorter trip than the former, and a similar cost ? which one is recommended? (jelsa to Zlatni Rat, or Hvar town to Plakeni?!) Any advice much appreciated thanks!

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jelsa to bol day trip or havr to plakeni isl

please clarify:

what month?

are you staying in Jelsa?

What is the rest of your itinerary?

I have always found tourist offices in Croatia very responsive to emails with this kind of query.

I also suggest googling images of pakleni and zlatni rat to see what appeals to you the most.

hants, uk
Level Contributor
469 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jelsa to bol day trip or havr to plakeni isl

In august (8th-10th) --planning to spend 2 nights in Hvar as part of a road trip ..because of expensive accomodation in Hvar town - i have decided to stay Fri night (8th aug) in Jelsa (hence a boat trip from Jelsa to Bol sounds easier). 2nd night (9th aug) i am thinking of moving closer to Hvar town (accomodation dilemma in a difft post!) and then plan to leave Hvar via Sucaraj-Drevnik ferry once we check out on sunday...

Have googled LOTS & cannot make up mind hence this post for advice !! a chill out day on a beach will be good, but further confused because perhaps we shd just day in Hvar island and visit Dubovika? (we will have a car!)

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jelsa to bol day trip or havr to plakeni isl

I stayed in Jelsa and did a day trip to Bol - it leaves at about 10am and gets back for about 5pm as I remember. Not sure why Dubovica has grabbed you but it's nice enough! Not sure what the point it of moving from Jelsa to Hvar Town if you have a car anyway??? I assume you know that the Sucaraj ferry can get busy so you may end up queueing for a while? Americans who are used to wider roads find the road along the spine of Hvar hard work but if you're used to driving around Hampshire that won't be an issue.

hants, uk
Level Contributor
469 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jelsa to bol day trip or havr to plakeni isl

Dubovika caught my attention as its number 1 in TA on "things to do" in hvar!

Ideally wanted to stay in Hvar for both nights, but costly ! We could stay put in Jelsa, but want to wine and dine in Hvar town hence easier to move location (stagger back...)

Thanks for tip about queues for Sucaraj ferry... Will aim to arrive an hour before its due to leave?(or should i allow longer?...)

Not too worried abt driving (it will be the other half doing it :-)) tho i hope its not toooo traffic-jammy in august ....

Will have a think about Bol...

Thanks for reply!

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jelsa to bol day trip or havr to plakeni isl

It will be overcrowded at that time, waiting for ferry in Sućuraj is pleasant, nice little town. Besides the ferries will be running all the day if neccessary..

i see a problem in finding accommodation for a night or two in peak season!!

6. Re: jelsa to bol day trip or havr to plakeni isl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:18