We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on acomodation

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on acomodation

Hi all,

I'll be going to Hvar from the 25th of July to the 27th of July and am having problems finding acomodation that is not too expensive for the quality offered. Sites like booking.com say it's 70% full on those dates so I guess that has something to do with the price/quality relation left.

First intention was to stay in Hvar town center so I can just walk around always, maybe do a day trip somewhere by boat and enjoy the center at night. Considering how dificult it is being to rent a place to stay I am now thinking if it's worth staying outside Hvar town...

I'll have a car. How difficult is it to stay outside Hvar town, like 5/10kms away and get to the city and park the car? Imagine going to the center, parking the car in the morning, walking to the harbour to get to a boat trip and return home at the end of the day to then go back to the center at night for dinner/drinks, is that a realistic scenario?

Sorry for the long question ;)

Cheers all

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
241 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on acomodation

The town of Hvar certainly is a must see on Hvar island, as well as taking a trip to Pakleni Islands, but as you'll have a car, I would stay in Jelsa (27 km from Hvar), if I were you. In fact, anywhere else rather than in crowdie Hvar! ;-) Jelsa is not so "ruined" by commercial tourism, you can see how domestic people spend their usual day.

I am trying to found out how much are parking costs in Hvar town, but cannot find it. We've never had problems finding a parking space on the main parking near the center, but we usually go to Hvar in pre or post season, never in the high season. I hope somebody else will help you with this.

Having a car on the Hvar Island gives you a great opportuinity to see the rest of the island, small old towns, hidden little beaches.... Enjoy!

2. Re: Advice on acomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Hvar
Recent Conversations