We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Hvar from Split after 9PM?

Sao Paulo, SP
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to get to Hvar from Split after 9PM?

Hello! I'm arriving in Split in June 26th and I wish to go the same day to Hvar. The problem is that I arrive in Split airport at 9PM, so there's no catamaran/ferry departing later that time. Will I be forced to spend a night in Split or is there any way I can get to Hvar the same night? Maybe a bus to Stari Grad, I don't know. Would appreciate a really quick answer on this. Many thanks!

Durham
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Hvar from Split after 9PM?

Presumably you mean 26 July. In any case the only way you can get to Hvar the same day is to pay a fortune for a water taxi. Better to spend the night on the mainland and travel to Hvar the following day.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,240 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Hvar from Split after 9PM?

To me there is nothing wrong with spending a night in Split and then taking the earliest ferry or cat out there..unless you already have a place booked out there!

Sao Paulo, SP
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Hvar from Split after 9PM?

No problem at all - wanted only to avoid missing a night in Hvar. But thanks for answering! Am staying in Split that night

4. Re: How to get to Hvar from Split after 9PM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 01:05
Hvar, Croatia
Level Contributor
52 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Hvar from Split after 9PM?

There is a ferry to Stari Grad at 1.30am and takes 2 hours to get there. You need to take a taxi (book in advance to pick you up) to get to Hvar town, where you can be at earliest at 4am. Probably to late to get in any accomodation and to tired for the party :)

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Hvar from Split after 9PM?

@Domagoj P: sorry but no advertising on TA...

7. Re: How to get to Hvar from Split after 9PM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Hvar