We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hvar fashion

New York
3 posts
Save Topic
hvar fashion

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to pack for my honeymoon and am having trouble finding out is Hvar Island is more casual or dressy for nights out. Coming from NYC, I'm used to dressing up with heels and dresses to go out to dinner/ out for the night. Is that how it is in Hvar as well or should I tone it down?

Thanks for your help!! xxx

Quincy,Mass
Level Contributor
70 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hvar fashion

I would dress smart casual, heels can be tricky with steep steps, slippery surfaces. Dresses may be cooler feeling than pants, sandals or low heels or flats would be my preference. We were there July 3014 for 3 nights.

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,248 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hvar fashion

Nobody will mind, whatever you will be wearing, I would also avoid heels.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hvar fashion

Smart casual and or trendy, and whatever you like, and dresses are seen at all lengths from mini to maxi. As said, avoid heels. They are not needed in Croatia which is a casual country and Hvar in common with most coastal towns has marble cobbles which need careful negotiation especially after a night out! I have only seen a couple of girls in our 5 trips to Hvar wearing heels, most of the girls content themselves with pretty sparkly sandals which look just as nice and are much safer. Have a lovely honeymoon.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 19:47
Europe
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hvar fashion

Dont wear your heels... When they have built the pavements in the town centuries ago they didnt consider heels hahahah

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,171 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hvar fashion

I agree that nobody will mind whatever you wear....we dressed very casual and others around us dressed up more...nobody will care!

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,785 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hvar fashion

then again, if you're going to dress up then Hvar Town is the place to do it - I would say it is a place to dress up far more than be casual and I'm slightly surprised that people are saying that casual is fine for Hvar as there is a lot of people-watching! I don't think you could be over-dressed in Hvar Town. However, as others have said, the cobbles are lethal, particularly if wet.

7. Re: hvar fashion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 10:35
Hvar, Croatia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hvar fashion

Dear Becky c,

we do not have specific dress code . It can be casual, fancy... Feel free to avoid heels :-)

9. Re: hvar fashion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2015, 06:17