We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Korcula in July

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Korcula in July

Hi

I will be traveling to Korcula in July for 3 nights. What is the best area to stay on the island? Also if we are catching a ferry from Hvar how where will the ferry drop us off? Does the ferry run everyday during this time of the year? I have tried to look at timetables but i don't think they have been released this far in advance.

Thanks

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Korcula in July

I read that you asked the same question both for Hvar and Korčula so I will replay in one post because it is almost the same.

On the booth islands the best area to stay is Hvar Town and Korcula town. But of course it depends what is the best for you.

in ferry timetables Hvar means Hvar town, not the island.

The best itinerary for you is Dubrovnik-Korcula-Hvar- Split.

There is the cat from Dubrovnik to Korcula operated by g&v line www.gv-line.hr running every day in the season, and the cat Split-Hvar-Korcula operated every day by Jadrolinija www.jadrolinija.hr

There is also "coastal ferry" running two times weakly Dubrovnik-Korcula-Stari Grad (Hvar)-Split by Jadrolinija. It is a car ferry and it is slow in comparison with catamarans. And it is only direct ferry from Dubrovnik to Hvar. It would be faster to go by bus to Split and then by ferry to Hvar.

It was situation for this year, and for next year check timetables in the springtime.

In Korcula and Hvar cats will drop you just on the boardwalk of the towns.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Korcula in July

Hi

We will be traveling Split - Hvar - Korcula - Dubrovnik. Our itinerary is as follows:

Thursday 7/10/2014 London - Split

Saturday 7/12/2014 Split - Hvar

Tuesday 7/15/2014 Hvar - Korcula

Friday 7/18/2014 Korcula - Dubrovnik

Tuesday 7/22/2014 Dubrovnik - Rome

Are there ferries running everyday from Korcula - Dubrovnik in July? Do you think we will have any troubles? We aren't flexible on dates.

Thanks

Durham
Level Contributor
4,823 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Korcula in July

Catamarans from Korcula to Dubrovnik in July/August are 4 times per week, and don't go on Fridays. http://www.gv-line.hr/raspored1.php?linija=3

However there should be two buses per day Korcula to Dubrovnik, also the Korkyra travel agency shared shuttle.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Korcula in July

Ok do you know how long the bus would take? Is this my only option on Friday?

Will all the other ones run daily?

Thanks

Durham
Level Contributor
4,823 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Korcula in July

Bus takes 3 hours and it and the shuttle are your only realistic options. There are several catamarans from Split to Hvar, but Saturday in high season will be busy so buy your ticket early in the morning. There is a daily late afternoon/evening catamaran from Hvar to Korcula Town. There's also one to Vela Luka, but less convenient if staying in Korcula Town.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Korcula in July

How does the ferry compare? Should i try and change my dates?

Thursday 7/10/2014 London - Split

Saturday 7/13/2014 Split - Hvar

Tuesday 7/16/2014 Hvar - Korcula

Friday 7/19/2014 Korcula - Dubrovnik

Tuesday 7/22/2014 Dubrovnik - Rome

7. Re: Korcula in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2014, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Korcula Island