We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to plitvice on public transport

australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
getting to plitvice on public transport

I intended to take the bus from Zagreb,stay overnight at Plitvice and the cach a bus the following morning to Zadar.

Having read stories about buses not stopping at Plitvice as they were full I tried to search for another option and came up with www.croatiabus.hr where you can purchase your tickets online.They are not mentioned on the tourist info website and I would like to know if anyone has used this company.

Plitvice Lakes...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to plitvice on public transport

I used before when I was student, but I heard some storys that company is front of bankrot! So....

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
692 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to plitvice on public transport

You can get your tickets at the spot and there are other bus companies available as well.

australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to plitvice on public transport

The only thing that concerns me is that we can't buy the Plitvice -Zagreb ticket in advance and the day we will be travelling is Friday 22 June which is a public holiday. I hope the buses are not full and pass us by.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to plitvice on public transport

I would also recomend looking into renting a small car in Zagreb with a drop off in Zadar: Don't know if you are travelling alone or with others so alone its probably to costly but say your 2-4 people it makes sence. I lead tour groups nd visit Plitvice about 3 times per year and true I have seen tourists stranded in the bus stops waiting for the never arriving bus..ther eis no bus station just small wooden huts ! Hope you enjoy it, Plitvice is fantastic !

5. Re: getting to plitvice on public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:17