We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap day tours to plitvace lakes

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cheap day tours to plitvace lakes

Me and my boyfriend are travelling through croatia and wanting to visit Plitvice Lakes. We will be staying in a nearby B&B, so I've been looking for cheap day tours through Plitvice lakes. There are many different tours, coming from all over croatia, some priced really well and others quite expensive. All I am looking for is a guided group we can go through with that isnt going to cost a fortune. We can get to the lakes ourselves as we'll be staying close by, Ive found most tours coming from split or Zagreb are cheaper than any in town guides. Any recommendations would be appreciated :-) Thanks

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap day tours to plitvace lakes

If you can get to the lakes tthemselves why would you need a tour - I viisted in April for 2 days and having seen the groups I would have hated to be part of them? Once you are there you can see everything for yourself in your own time. Save your money.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,529 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap day tours to plitvace lakes

Agreed that you don't need a guide to go through....just walk on your own and enjoy!

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap day tours to plitvace lakes

That sounds perfect! I was worried we had to go with a guide. Thanks for the tip we will do it by ourselves :-)

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,529 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap day tours to plitvace lakes

Buy a map before you go so you have some idea where you are going and enjoy the views!

5. Re: cheap day tours to plitvace lakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 05:17