We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plitvice lakes

Killcare, New South...
1 post
Save Topic
Plitvice lakes

Can anyone recommend where to stay for 2 nights in plitvice lakes in December? Would like to do some walks. Are all the gates open?

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
20 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plitvice lakes

In the period from November to mid-April, was opened only one entrance and the area of the Lower Lakes. The tour is limited and generally only possible on foot. Detailed information about the state of the NP and tour options you can get on a daily basis over the telephone: 00385 53 751 014, 751 015 (Sales Department) and 751 022 (Input 1). We recommend that before the visit informed about the possibilities of the tour, which largely determines the time of year or weather conditions and the working hours of the park and buildings and entrances that are open. This will help you plan your trip and easier to choose suitable clothing and footwear, which will visit the Plitvice Lakes enjoyable. Planning to visit the area around the lake, take into account the large number of steps and climb the height difference that the first lake, suitors, and last, Novakovic Brod is 133 m. Link to accommodate np-plitvicka-jezera.hr/hr/… . In my experience can all be visited in one day.

San Rafael, Calif
Level Contributor
198 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plitvice lakes

Villa Mukinja

Mukinje 47, Plitvice Lakes National Park 53231, Croatia

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plitvice lakes

I stayed at a great guest house in April but it was quite a way from the park. If going in December I would probably stay in one of the national park hotels or just outside the gates so that I would be right on top of it to get the maximum from short daylight hours.

4. Re: Plitvice lakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 13:35
5. Re: Plitvice lakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:20