We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus lines and Luggage storage

Which Plitvice Lakes National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bamberg, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Bus lines and Luggage storage

Hello helpful TA members! I am planning a last minute trip to Croatia and I have a couple questions regarding transportation and luggage storage. We were planning to rent a vehicle, but I'm lame and can't drive manual transmission, and automatic are way too expensive!! So now I am feverishly researching public transport for our route. For our days in Zadar, and then in Zagreb I am pretty much set. It's the in between that's proven to be beyond me! Thanks in advance!!

We would like to leave Zadar the morning of April 30th and travel to Plitvice by bus, stay for 4-6 hours, and then continue on to Zagreb after park closure.

1 - I am having trouble finding current bus schedules. The one I have found only shows afternoon buses: http://www.buscroatia.com/zadar-plitvice/

I found the actual bus line website too, but I'm having difficulty determining which bus lines actually stop at the lake entrances.

2 - Is the left luggage office still at Entrance 1, and is this the entrance where the bus services will drop off? I'm envisioning being dropped off at a remote location and having to drag our luggage around.

3 - Can anyone guide me to finding a bus leaving the lakes and arriving in Zagreb after park closure, and will it leave from the same place I left my luggage? I'm hoping not to have to stay in Plitvice over night, I would rather go on to Zagreb for a full day of sightseeing the next day, vs. half day of bus and half day of sightseeing.

San Jose, California
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus lines and Luggage storage

Did you end up traveling from Zadar to plitvice to zagreb? My friend and I are planning to do the exact same thing and had the exact same questions as you did. I saw that your post is from April so I thought I would ask if you made the trip.

2. Re: Bus lines and Luggage storage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:15