We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Bled to Plitvice Lakes National Parks

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Bled to Plitvice Lakes National Parks

Hello,

I intend to travel from Bled (in Slovenia) to Plitvice Lakes National Parks. I would like to know the best method to get from Bled to Plitvice Lakes. The method should preferably offer a good compromise between cost and travel duration.

Many thanks!

zagreb
Level Contributor
881 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Bled to Plitvice Lakes National Parks

Take a train to Zagreb and a bus tu Plitvice.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Bled to Plitvice Lakes National Parks

Hello djemiZagreb,

Thanks for your reply. I found a couple of train/bus schedules online, but I am not sure if I have found the correct timings?

Train:

1) Is there really a train that departs Bled (Lesce Bled) at 0731, and reaches Zagreb (Zagreb Glavni Kol.) at 1044? According to eurail.com (www.eurail.com/plan-your-trip/timetables), there is such a train. But there is no such train on raildude.com (raildude.com/en/…12361). I am confused about this.

Bus:

1) Will it be OK to rely on both these websites for bus timings:

http://www.buscroatia.com/routes-search/?dS=1510&aS=998&dSn=Zagreb+%28HR%29+Terminal&aSn=Plitvice+Lakes+%28HR%29&d=08%2F17%2F2014&t=

and

http://voznired.akz.hr/VozniRed.aspx?lang=en

2) Is the address of the Zagreb bus terminal the following:

Heinzelova ulica 61

10000, Zagreb

Croatia ?

My concern is how long it will take us to reach the bus terminal after alighting from the train, since it will determine the tickets for the bus we will be booking.

3) On a related note, what is the address of the bus terminal in Plitvice Lakes? If it is far from the park itself, we will have to make transport arrangements to the park too.

Thanks very much for your help!!!!

Hong Kong, China
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Bled to Plitvice Lakes National Parks

I will also do the same route in mid Jul, when I try to check the bus from Zagreb to Plitvice lake the bus that fits my schedule on buscroatia.com does not show the fare. Does anybody know where else can I check for the fare? besides read that Fri pm will be busiest can I reserve a ticket and what will be the charge? I also want to know if all bus companies depart at the same bus terminal?

Many thanks

Hong Kong, China
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Bled to Plitvice Lakes National Parks

There's a large button on www.akz.hr reads buy tickets lol...

Hong Kong, China
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Bled to Plitvice Lakes National Parks

How long would it take for transits between bus and trains?

I worked out the plan with Slovenian train website www.slo-zeleznice.si and Croatia bus www.akz.hr

Bled to Ljubljana EC211 ~ 13:51 - 14:31

Ljubljana to Zagreb IC221 ~ 14:45 - 17:13

Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes Autopromet Bus ~ 5:25 - 7:55

Which all leave <15 Mins in between...would that be enough?

Singapore
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Bled to Plitvice Lakes National Parks

Hi Glenville L,

I would like to offer our experiences of driving from Bled to Plitvice National Lakes (actually we started our drive from Germany, went through these places, and returned to Germany, all done in one single weekend!) as an alternative transport option.

Here is a writeup of our adventurous driving journey:

travelsnapstories.com/2014/…

The drive is not difficult, the only thing to note is not to make the same mistake as us driving through the forested area into Plitvice. We should have taken the autobahn all the way to Zagreb first.

Here's what we did in Bled (visited Vintgar Gorge):

And the Plitvice National Parks trail:

We are from Singapore too and I was the sole driver for the entire journey, so I am sure you will be able to do it too. :)

Also, here are some experiences and advices we would like to share about driving in Europe:

Have fun ahead!

Edited: 12 July 2014, 04:42
Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Bled to Plitvice Lakes National Parks

Zagreb bus station is in Drziceva street, on google maps it is written as "Autobusni Kolodvor Zagreb",

Avenija Marina Držića 4.

You have enough time to change to the Zagreb train at the Ljubljana railway station if your train from Bled is on time. However, I would also check buses from Bled , because you might find an earlier connection that would bring you to Zagreb for the 17.25 bus (arriving to Plitvice at 19.55).

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Bled to Plitvice Lakes National Parks

Your train from Ljubljana comming in Zagreb at 17:13. Your bus to Plitvice departs at 17:25.

This times are true, I checked at timetables. You have exactly 12 minutes for transit from Train station to the bus station "AKZ". It is possible in a theory. You need to run like mad and find a taxi in front of station. Taxi driver is ready for fast driving, you are lucky and have green lights on all crossroads. You know exactly where is your bus, you are running to bus. But catch is that you need to pick up your bus tickets at counter if you buy them online what also can take 5 minutes.

Next bus for Plitvice is at 23:30 and you don't want to come there at 02:15 AM.

it is good idea to find an earlier bus or a train from Bled and Ljubljana.

9. Re: Getting from Bled to Plitvice Lakes National Parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 09:16