We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porec or Rovinj?

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
Porec or Rovinj?

Has anyone been to both these resorts? If so how do they compare? We had a lovely week in Rovinj several years ago - should we go back there or will we enjoy Porec if we enjoyed Rovinj?

16 replies to this topic
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
18,944 posts
170 reviews
127 helpful votes
1. Re: Porec or Rovinj?

I prefer Rovinj to Porec. However, I would stay in Porec next time, just to make it different.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
17 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Porec or Rovinj?

Hundreds of times. :) My preference would be Rovinj for MY personal interests. Can you please elaborate on yours? Will you be renting a car? What time of year? Both are equally touristy, like anywhere on the coast in summer.

Their vibes are different; Poreč is more...resorty than Rovinj. It is also more central and surrounded by lots to see and do. Rovinj exudes more character and charm and simply is prettier. Rovinj, while, busy, has a specific relaxed vibe whereas the vibe/feel of Poreč is more...buzzy and energetic. You loved Rovinj; Poreč won't surpass it. I really like Poreč, my home town when living in Istria, but I adore Rovinj.

It wouldn't hurt to try something new, either.

Edited: 04 November 2017, 23:26
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Porec or Rovinj?

Thanks Chefathome - lots of questions there. In rovinj we went to lipizana and postojna and spent the rest of the week exploring locally, walking, and some beach time. We would be looking at either aug, sept or oct - for 5-7 nights, no longer. Many years ago I stayed at vrsar but cant remember much about it. we wouldnt have a car, we like to go by local bus or walk. we like a bit of exploring, a bit of chilling, eating out and a beer but not into night clubs - we are a couple in our 50s and 60s

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Porec or Rovinj?

thanks, thats kind of what i was thinking.....

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
99 reviews
489 helpful votes
5. Re: Porec or Rovinj?

I have a soft spot for Porec but I love Rovinj as well. You can read about both places and see photos in my trip report:-

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g562…

Enjoy!

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Porec or Rovinj?

wow, very comprehensive - certainly sounds worth a visit, thanks

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
11,084 posts
530 reviews
221 helpful votes
7. Re: Porec or Rovinj?

For a history and architecture buff, Porec ecrtainly has more to offer, with is Euphrasian Basilica, main streets still named main streets are Decumanus and Cardo Maximus like in the Roman times, beautiful Church of Our Lady of Angel

Level Contributor
83 posts
71 reviews
18 helpful votes
8. Re: Porec or Rovinj?

Porec or Rovinj in mid-september?

Which has a better beach? Don't want it to be crowded but don't want it to be totally deserted too.

Do we get gearless scooters (around 100 cc) for hire?

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Porec or Rovinj?

Rovinj - if you want to sleep. In Poreč there is no policy when it comes to noise. Music is blasting until 5am....

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
17 reviews
17 helpful votes
10. Re: Porec or Rovinj?

Robin, where are you staying? I'm never in Poreč in the wee hours but when swimming in the evenings definitely do hear loud music. Rovinj is busy and vibrant but not that loud. Noise at night drives me nuts...so nice to be in the country.

Reply to: Porec or Rovinj?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Porec
Recent Conversations