We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Stephany

Level Contributor
78 posts
71 reviews
Villa Stephany

Has anyone stayed at Villa Stephany in Porec? Any reviews on the villa? How is the location?

8 replies to this topic
Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
10,253 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Villa Stephany

It's not central but in a nice residential area. Will you have a car?

Level Contributor
78 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: Villa Stephany

Yes. We plan to hire a car

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
10,253 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Villa Stephany

Excellent. Then you'll be fine. Do seek out rural konobas of interested in wonderful food.

Level Contributor
78 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Villa Stephany

Rural konobas is what we want. Can you suggest some? Need not be posh as long as it's hygienic. If you could suggest some in Vis too, that would be great.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
10,253 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Villa Stephany

How far are you willing to explore? Where else will you be in Istria? Konoba Mekiši near Vižinada is one of my favourites. Not far from Poreč. Konoba Mića at Fuškulin is good, too, but secondary to Mekiši. I can list tons all over Istria.

The Brtoniglia area is known for its food...Konobas Morgan and Aštarea are fantastic.

Edited: 12 June 2018, 16:02
Level Contributor
78 posts
71 reviews
6. Re: Villa Stephany

Thx this is helpful.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
10,253 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Villa Stephany

You're welcome. Have a wonderful time in Istria!

Level Contributor
78 posts
71 reviews
8. Re: Villa Stephany

I make my trip in a few days. I have around one and a half days in Porec. I have a car. Would like to make the most of it and at the same time be warned of any impracticalities or difficulties that i wouldnt have foreseen.

1. Hilltop Towns - Narrowed down on zavrsje n groznjan as motovun seems to be extra popular and these two towns seem to be the closest. Please advise me about my choices if i shall be missing out on something really special.

2. Beaches - Doesnt seem like we would have time for too many beaches. Which would be a good beach to visit? We dont like crowded beaches at the same time dont want it to be totally deserted. How is the beach Vsrar?

3. Other Sight Seeing - We would like to visit the Amphitheater in Pula. How long will the drive take? Is it worth driving that distance only for one sight.

4. Sight seeing in Porec - what places do we visit in Porec? Euphrasian Basilica is in the list.

5. We have to drive to Split and reach there by 3 PM. What time would be a recommended start? Intend to beat the peak hour traffic if any in places that come on the way like Rijeka. What would be a good route to take. We would definitely prefer the coastal road, but if its going to have traffic, we would rather avoid it.

Thanks to all your replies so far.

Reply to: Villa Stephany
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Porec
Recent Conversations