We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice trip from Porec

highlands
Level Contributor
116 posts
110 reviews
Venice trip from Porec

So.....booked my holiday. Want to go on a day trip to Venice. Seen online that its £63 pp from the harbour in Porec. Would I get a better price when I am in the resort or should I book before we go out ??

Also we are in the Valamar Zagreb, is it walking distance to the harbour or would I just get a taxi ??

Anyone that has previously been on this trip please let me know how you got on.

Many thanks

7 replies to this topic
Durham
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Venice trip from Porec

It is about 20 minutes walk. There are sometimes offers in resort on the Venice trips, especially out of peak season. It is not an excursion that has ever appealed to me. The catamaran is like sitting in a plane for three hours each way (longer if the seas are not calm) and you will be in Venice during the day time when it is heaving with visitors. Actually staying in Venice is a much better experience.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 12:23
highlands
Level Contributor
116 posts
110 reviews
2. Re: Venice trip from Porec

Thanks appt22

We are undecided as it will be a whole day trip....

Just interested as we are so near, thought we might as well go and have a look about. Maybe it will lead to booking a long weekend in Venice if I really like the look of it.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
8,806 posts
525 reviews
3. Re: Venice trip from Porec

Did you check Venezialines catamarans?

https://venezialines.com/porec/

Level Contributor
747 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Venice trip from Porec

I heard the day trip to Venice is actually nice?? I was thinking of doing the ferry in early Sept.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
8,806 posts
525 reviews
5. Re: Venice trip from Porec

The only problem: so far I know, these ferries have no outside deck. So you can not actually stand outside and watch while approaching Venice

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
13,818 posts
98 reviews
6. Re: Venice trip from Porec

Venice is a beautiful place to visit but it's a long way to travel for one day. Not sure how much your going to see in a few hours but it will give you a taster to return for a longer visit. My Venice trip report may help:-

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187…

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
59 reviews
7. Re: Venice trip from Porec

It's a personal view as to whether six hours travel is worth five hours in Venice.

Reply to: Venice trip from Porec
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Porec
Recent Conversations