We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from porec to rovinj or pula

9 posts
Day trip from porec to rovinj or pula

Just wondered the best way to get to the above from porec? We have 2 children travelling with us. Any excursion / travel agents to recommend?

7 replies to this topic
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Day trip from porec to rovinj or pula

Ok so the cheapest way for either of these is by bus, the bus station is in central Porec behind Hotel Porec and Interspace supermarket.You may find it a long day thou, the buses cater for local workers so often mean an early start.I personally don't think there is too much in Pula to interest children.The amphitheatre is worth a visit but not too much else.A good option for Rovinj is to take a boat trip from Porec ( you'll be spoilt for choice) they all do pretty much the same trip,.. leave Porec between 9 and 10 am return about 5 ISH. They spend couple of hours in Rovinj, an hour or so in a small town called great and a trip down the Limm Fjord. Price is reasonable and usually includes lunch, choice of meat or fish, salad etc, sometimes drinks included too, I'm sure this may suit the children better.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Day trip from porec to rovinj or pula

Sorry I meant Interspar and the small town is called Vrsar!

9 posts
3. Re: Day trip from porec to rovinj or pula

Thanks very much for the info, think the boat trip would be the best option x

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
4. Re: Day trip from porec to rovinj or pula

Agreed. You can get there (and back) by bus or taxi but a boat would probably be the best for both adults and kids. Nice sea air, great view, seeing several nice places... In Rovinj, you'll probably want to go to the top of the old town but I think you should find the time to rent bikes and pedal along the coast (to the south). You should be able to find bikes with seats or... carriers for kids, too. You can see glimpses of that amazing coastal path here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcyp3oIETrM (I also have movies in real time if you wish to check every detail)

Vrsar is perhaps the hilliest on the west coast of Istria but that means the best views. Aso, it has more small and tiny islands than any other town so the views are really great. And the place isn't big, especially if you don't go into the Porto Sole camping site. It will be a bit of a climb but I would surely recommend cisiting the old town and then climbing the bell tower (used to be ~15 kn) for the most amazing views. If not, there's a smaller hill right by the sea, with a marked viewspot. Great view of the old town, the coast and the marina. There's a nice stretch where you can also just relax and perhaps go for a swim with kids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCoI1MYuHm0 There's also a brilliant foret path nearby but it would take too much time and effort to get there and to enjoy it.

Pula would definitely not be of much interest to kids, apart from the tunnels, perhaps. :) And while all of the major landmarks are neatly settled along the pedestrian zone in the centre (or better, the pedestrian zone was created along the landmarks) it would involve possibly too much walking for the kids (and you). And stores, even when not with toys, could grab too much of their attention, taking forever. Still, here's a short movie from there so you can decide for yourself as you know your kids best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7P3yMFgQ5g

9 posts
5. Re: Day trip from porec to rovinj or pula

Thanks, will take a look

England
Level Contributor
76 posts
53 reviews
46 helpful votes
6. Re: Day trip from porec to rovinj or pula

Agree with JennyS. We have done both and the bus trip back from Rovinj was a nightmare. There were many teenage school boys who had put their bags on empty seats and when we and others removed them so we could sit down it didn't go down well. They spent the whole journey kicking our seats and setting off some things that went bang in our ears. That was the only example of downright rudeness I've ever witnessed in my 12+ visits to Croatia. The boat trip is far more scenic and relaxing.

Edited: 26 August 2018, 10:47
9 posts
7. Re: Day trip from porec to rovinj or pula

Thanks

Reply to: Day trip from porec to rovinj or pula
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Porec
Recent Conversations