We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

house number 61 cats charity.

Which Porec hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
west midlands
Level Contributor
700 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
house number 61 cats charity.

i thought i would put this on here as some people might find it of interest.we stumbled upon this place by chance its run by a local guy and he has a collection pot on the front gate,the garden is full of old chairs,tables,and the cats are everywhere,i would guess all the holiday reps know about this guy and could give you directions , as our rep knew about him,some of the locals help him in the winter months when all the tourists have gone home.the place is situated about a 3 minute walk from the basillica.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: house number 61 cats charity.

We discovered him this summer and like you discovered it by chance. At the time he had a young man helping him. We were invited into the garden and shown a delightful litter of tiny kittens and spent some time handling these sweet little orphans. As you say cats were everywhere sleeping in the most unlikely places - pots, drawers, sinks, chairs etc. Some were curled up together. We left a donation on departure.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,725 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: house number 61 cats charity.

We also discovered this by wandering the streets on our second trip several years ago. An interesting place. Glad to see someone doing this.

Did you enjoy Poreč?

west midlands
Level Contributor
700 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: house number 61 cats charity.

yes we certainly did stayed at laguna mediteran,,,did trips to venice,lake bled,rovinji,montevun,bike rides,boat trip,our first time in porec,we booked october 2012,and spent the next several months on here lol,,looking at reviews.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,725 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: house number 61 cats charity.

Great! I am pleased you enjoyed your time. Next time come in off season to enjoy it even more! :-)

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: house number 61 cats charity.

I live in the town, I know you all want to help the guy and the cats thinking he's doing some good, but the problem is that you cannot have an animal asylum in the city center. Most of these cats are not sterilized so their numbers are growing, also they don't have any care from vets, it's just a matter of time when everything wil develop into a hygenical problem and some disease starts spreading, in addition the guy simply occupied that house (he's not the owner), he doesn't have any permit from the local authorities, every time the authorities try to intervene he threatens to kill himself and makes a scene. That why no locals are helping him, the guy is crazy. Please keep this in mind when you give him your money, that cat "asylum"is danger for us all that live in the city.

6. Re: house number 61 cats charity.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Porec