We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pula to Rovinj.

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
993 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Pula to Rovinj.

If I fly in to Pula airport is it possible to get public transport to Rovinj?

Is Rovinj far from Pula? Any recommendations regarding a 5 day break in the area late September?

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pula to Rovinj.

You would first of all have to get to Pula bus station - probably by taxi. Certainly last year there were no buses from the airport to Pula. There are certainly buses from Pula to Rovinj during the day but I don't know about evening services.

I don't know what recommendations you're asking for: hotels, rooms, areas, towns? Certainly Rovinj is delightful and one of my favourite places. Have you thought of hiring a car which would enable you to explore Istria (which is quite small), both the coastal towns and the interior with their wonderful fortified hill towns.

If you have anything specific in mind let me know and if I can I will try and help.

2. Re: Pula to Rovinj.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2007, 22:25
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,346 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pula to Rovinj.

Thanks DannyG. I generally don't hire a car when I go abroad, maybe I am a bit nervous about driving on the right hand side, maybe it's driving in a foreign country. Is it easy to get in and out of Pula airport in a hire car? Is it easy to drive in Croatia? I hope to rent an apartment in Rovinj overlooking the harbour as per other Tripadvisor recommendations and from looking at their locations I don't think there is any parking nearby.

London, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pula to Rovinj.

Pula airport is out in the countryside and the roads are quiet. It is a simple drive up to Rovinj.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pula to Rovinj.

If you are nervous about driving on the right-hand side of the road in a foreign country I think I would forget about hiring a car. And certainly you may have a problem with parking if you're aiming to stay near the old town or round the harbour area. Although I don't have timetables to hand I'm pretty sure there's a good service from Pula to Rovinj which is only maybe half an hour's drive away. As I said earlier up until last summer there were no buses from Pula airport into Pula. This may have now changed since Ryanair have started to fly into Pula this year. Maybe worth checking with Croatian Tourist Board. My advice would be to take a taxi from the airport to Pula bus station (cost around £10). Once in Rovinj I am certain there are excursions (and public transport) to Porec , Pula and local areas of interest. Just check out with Rovinj Tourist Office. You will love the 'old' Rovinj, built on a hilly penninsular (almost an island) with it's higgeldy-piggeldy tiny streets and hidden piazzas. There are also islands just off shore which I gather are wonderful to get away from the town to sun bathe and swim. Around the harbour area there are dozens of restaurants and bars to enjoy, while away the evening. and people watch. I was last there in January 06 and even then we ate lunch outside (with our coats on) in brilliant sunshine along with numerous Italians.

Hope this is of some help.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pula to Rovinj.

Hi OxOxo

For bus timetable from Pula to Rovinj check out

http://www.pulainfo.hr/en/autobus.asp

For general info on Rovinj check out

www.istra.com/rovinj/

Hope this helps

micdev

7. Re: Pula to Rovinj.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 01:42
Surrey
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pula to Rovinj.

I am off to Rovinj again in May. Traveling first to Porec (by bus) and after a few days onto Rovinj (by bus). When we were there last we checked the timetables and its looks pretty easy to get around by public transport.

I will let you know how easy it is to get buses from the airport and between towns when I return.

9. Re: Pula to Rovinj.

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 16:19