We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices in rovinj

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barry 1
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
prices in rovinj

my wife and I are looking to go to rovinj possibly in July but cant decide what board, we like to eat out every day but not having been there before we dont know what the typical prices are for meals and beer and wine.

can anyone advise.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,515 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prices in rovinj

the influence in food .....apart from the italio cuisine in obvious places is toward a austro-germanic influence which means good sized meat portions...plus the usual croatian influence of paprika...ajvar.

we dined a couple of times at La Mare Robert on the harbour waterfront and it was as good value wise as any over 11 weeks in Europe.

Even with the Ozzie peso the beer prices were not to bad and the house vino ....clean and palatable.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
690 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prices in rovinj

Since you are going to the heartland of good cuisine (Istrian lady having one of the most famous restaurants on Manhattan NY), you should enjoy local food which is Italian like - lots of pastas and combinations with truffles..largest truffle from Guiness book of records found in Istrian forests :-) Also the fish, and if you are in Croatia and don't know what to eat, you are always safe with eating squids - grilled or fried, from Adriatic or frozen imported, this is one of the most eatable and common food dishes offered by most of the restaurants...Please do check the resort/hotel where you are staying and if they have nice food, take maximum HB (half board)..

Prices vary from place to place but say 1,50 Euros for the beer and app. from 7-15 Euros per person a normal lunch..most expensive are very good fish restaurants, still not so expensive like in Italy or Spain. Hope you enjoy it!!

Barry 1
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prices in rovinj

thank you for the info you obviously know the area well can you recommend any good hotels.

thanks again

Mike

Manchester
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prices in rovinj

Have twice stayed at the Park and both times found it fantastic value - a location to die for , 10 mins to old town and good spec. Seems to suit couples etc rather than families and this is perfect for me ! In terms of board, I have always gone half board as the value is fantastic. I too like to eat out and either have lunch in the old town or miss the evening meal and eat out a few nights (Lampo my own personal favourite)

Another way is to order packed lunch rather than evening meal and eat out at night. The resturants food at the Park is great quality though and well worth it, especially in credit crunch times !. In summary, you cant really go wrong with the Park - half board is not much extra and you still have the option to eat out !. Good luck !

Edited: 28 February 2010, 11:11
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
638 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prices in rovinj

Sounds good to me PhilDee we're there in August and looking forward to it.

p/s did you hire a car while you were there ?

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prices in rovinj

The Park sounds really good - we are going in September - our first visit to Croatia - we picked the Park because of the good reviews and the location.

Pippa

Barry 1
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: prices in rovinj

Thank you very much for all the info the park sounds good but I think we may opt for Eden which has good reviews its 4 star and is on offer at the moment

for end of June.

Manchester
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: prices in rovinj

Hi Alan - no didnt hire a car as didnt really need to - bus station 5 mins walk from Park near town centre and cheap too. Lots of boat trips run from harbour area so you can easily get around but chillin by the pool, mooching round old town, splashing in the sea round the bay is better than good !.

Barry - been to the Eden too - is a slightlyhigher spec than the Park but is also much bigger and a lot more secluded. The advantage of the Park is that it is right on the marina and along the coast so very easy and safe to get to and from Old Town plus the views, omg the views !. Park for me even though Eden a bit posher plus you can always drop in at Eden for a drink or if any entertainment on - is only 5-10 min walk away.

Hope you both find the info helpful.

Barry 1
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: prices in rovinj

we havent booked yet and i like the sound of the Park maybe we will book there after all if any room left, one member wrote that it was quite cheap to eat and drink but i am getting reports back that it has become quite expensive recently?

Mike

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
638 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: prices in rovinj

We're H/B at the Park which is a change for us as we usually go S/C or B/B but at least we don't have to worry about the cost of eating out this time , maybe different next time .

Get answers to your questions about Rovinj