We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Eden building work

Sheffield
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Eden building work

I've been reading the latest reviews for the Hotel Eden & it seems that there is a lot of building work going that is having a bad effect on people's holidays there.

Does anyone know what is happening there & how bad it really is?

I've booked to go at the end of August. & am wondering if our plans for a peaceful & relaxing holiday will be wrecked! Can anyone advise?

I've only paid the deposit so far, but if necessary am prepared to argue & change the booking to a different hotel.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

devon
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Eden building work

There are a lot of posts about the building works at the Eden, basically a new hotel (The Lone) is being built by Maistra the company that owns the Eden and most of the other hotels in Rovinj. When I was there in early May the foundations were being dug which meant the outside space of the hotel wasn't really useable because of the noise. There are a lot of posts enquiring about when the works will be finished and a lot of different answers to go with it ranging from the end of May to 22 June. The hotel is I believe scheduled to be complete by the end of September which suggests building work will continue throughout the summer. Other posts mention croatian law which suggests that building works stop at the end of May. Obviously this is not the case here as work is still going on as of yesterday (see reviews). If you have booked with a reputable tour operator they should give you a refund or transfer you to another hotel as others have done, but I don't think you wil be able to get a discount to make up for the inconvenience.

Croatia
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Eden building work

I mentioned before that by the law building works are forbidden during the summer months, and that means from 15.06.-15.09. May for sure isn't summer month. Also hotel is supposed to open in april next year, not this september.

Barry 1
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Eden building work

we were booked in the eden on 6/July with thomson and we had paid all our money

they have now admitted that the work next door has reached category 3, which if you read the latest review is unbearable. we have had a full refund and have now booked another holiday elsewhere, thomson are still selling this hotel which i feel is very naughty, get your money back or book somewhere else.

4. Re: Hotel Eden building work

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Rovinj