We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istra Hotel, Rovinj

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
Level Contributor
9 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Istra Hotel, Rovinj

Can you tell me if there are tea and coffee making facilities at the Istra please?

Also are there any sandy beaches in Croatia?

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istra Hotel, Rovinj

Go to www.maistra.com for up to date room facilities at the Istra.

The definition of sand is a problem in Croatia.

There are beaches which I would consider to be sandy which I have been roundly abused for saying so eg Bol beach on Brac.

Rovinj has no natural sandy beaches but the island on which Istra is situated has a pebbly beach and several other hotel/resort areas have laid sand down to form man made varieties.

Bristol
Level Contributor
9 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istra Hotel, Rovinj

Thank you so much for a swift reply. We are thinking of booking for next year. No kettle, so we'll take our own but they have a mini bar and hairdryer which is more important. Beach is pebbly but blue star.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Istra Hotel, Rovinj

There are numerous sand beaches in Croatia.

Saharun on Dugi Otok is probably the most beautiful one, Nin and Privlaka near Zadar share about 8 km of sand beaches. Same on Rab with miles of sand beaches. Susak and Vrgada are alsmot all sand, Pasman and Ugljan have north shores made up of almost all sand (close to 30 km). Sunj on Lopud Island near Dubrovnik...

In Istria - Levan near Marlera is sandy, Cape Kamenjak has lots of rocky beaches (superb for snorkeling!) and several small sand beaches as well.

Beaches in Premantura and Medulin are also sand beaches.

As local, I don't prefer sand beaches and like better rocky plateaus. much cleaner! The water is also very clear where there is no sand.

Bucharest, Romania
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Istra Hotel, Rovinj

Hello,

I am from Romania and I want to came to Istra Hotel in 22 august.

My family want to practice scuba diving ( we have some experience ).

I want to know which posibilities we have to practice this sport in the Sf.Andrew island ,or we must to go in town.

Thanks,

Andreea

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Istra Hotel, Rovinj

There is a diving school on the island as part of the maistra hotel group activities.

6. Re: Istra Hotel, Rovinj

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Rovinj
Recent Conversations