We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no more flights from scotland next year?

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
no more flights from scotland next year?

Hi - i was about to book to go to the hotel park in rovinj and it seems thompsons wont be flying from Glasgow next year. Also the prices have shot up since i checked on sunday. does anyone know of another way to get there. Am so disapointed!

Thanks if you can help

Jane

Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: no more flights from scotland next year?

There are a lot of airlines besides Thompsons that fly to Croatia from Scotland look into this site and you will see airlines also prices :-

http://www.skyscanner.net/

Happy planning and have a good trip !

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: no more flights from scotland next year?

Flying into Pula from Scotland was a difficult this year never mind 2011, but Birmingham or Manchester are only a easy 3 1/2 hrs drive down the M74-M6. We saved £100 each flying from Birmingham rather than Glasgow this year which more than paid for the petrol & overnight stay and parking. There are plenty of flights to Dubrovnik but I don't know how easy it is then to get to Pula?

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: no more flights from scotland next year?

I think that there is a real danger of reduced flights next year - lots of the no-frills companies were massively hit by the ash cloud at the start of the year. EasyJet has already cancelled most of its October 2010 flights into Split from Gatwick keeping it very quiet; it appears they would prefer to pay people money back than run the planes for the last 3 weeks of October (except for one final flight on the last day).

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: no more flights from scotland next year?

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I've booked to go to Pula in May next year but flying from Gatwick which I'm really happy to do. The price from Gatwick is amazing and easily justifies the travel down down there. Hopefully no ash clouds next year!

thanks again

Jane

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: no more flights from scotland next year?

Ryanair used to fly to Zadar from Edinborough. Is that still on?

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: no more flights from scotland next year?

Ryanair haven't released their schedule for Croatia for 2011 ...

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: no more flights from scotland next year?

I don't know if that flight is still available Morlaque,there seems to be confusion about it.It is still showing on the Ryanair website but in this thread it was mentioned that it was being discontinued

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g295370-i2753-k3417…

Like Palaceview has said,the schedule isn't up on the Ryanair site for next year yet & until it is, i supose it's hard to know if the route still exists or not

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: no more flights from scotland next year?

Ryanair did have an Edinburgh to Zadar route this year but for a really short period only. If memory serves me I think it was first week in July to last week in August.

9. Re: no more flights from scotland next year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Rovinj