We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timers!

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
caerphilly
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
first timers!

hi everyone my husband and i are are going on our honeymoon to rovnij (though i hasten to add we got hitched last July!) so its been a long time coming!

the thing is though i have M.E so although i want to see everything especially the horses tour i'm a little worried its going to wear me out. can anyone suggest the top tours, where to go, how much energy they take to complete, like i've seen some of the tours pick you up at 8 in the morning and you get back at 10! that would knock me out for the whole week!

thanks in advance. x

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first timers!

Congratulations on your marriage, if a little belated and congratulations on choosing to spend your honeymoon in Rovinj!

The excursion to Lipica and Postojna is indeed a long day but there's really not that much walking to be done even in the caves.

Venice however is an exhausting day trip even for the fit.

That's sad because it's very romantic but if it's going to knacker you then you have to give it a body swerve.

It's only a 45 minute bus ride to Pula where you can see the amphitheatre and almost everything else you would want to within a few hundred yards.

If you go just as a couple you can take as much time as you want to get from A 2 B.

The Limski Kanal (Lim Fjord) boat trips are great fun and not tiring at all.

If you don't fancy the walk to the caves en route just stay on board.

There are lots of 1/2 day trips locally to choose from so you won't get bored and Rovinj itself is a very splendid place to just wander around exploring at your own pace.

Have a great time!!

caerphilly
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first timers!

thanks for your reply, its eased my worries! will defiantly take your advice. cant bloody wait now! xx

Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
886 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first timers!

I will add, don't be tempted to visit Plitvice, another long and tiring day for you.

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: first timers!

Vrsar,Porec are just little further where sea/sights/shade blend in easy way.Consolation prize for Plitvice can be walk/bike/golf cart NP Brijuni gig.

Some spots you can easily visit on your own/public transport.But if anything else "toured & organized" sounds tempting ( Venice etc) for the logistics/price convenience (if any?) join them and before pack start to run - leave them.Just ask the guide guy what time & where to return to... and do your own thing.Benches,bars,beaches,meadows are everywhere.

caerphilly
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first timers!

Thanks guys all very helpful indeed! We decided on rovnij just because its so beautiful and as its the start of may we are going hopefully it will be a nice temperature. looks like a good place to chill! Also has anyone used the spa and treatments that they offer?

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
394 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first timers!

We are also hoping to stay in Rovinj and thought about five nights in Rovinj and two nihjts somewhere else but can't decide on one of the hill top villages,Lake Bled or Plitice. I also can't walk long distances so which would be best. Did I read that Plitvice has golf carts?

Thanks for help with these queries

7. Re: first timers!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 23:15