We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel park and Croatia

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel park and Croatia

Hi if you look at my profile we are frequent holiday makers but this is the one I have seriously had to persuade my husband to go to! Well it may be hot but fly out to the Hotel Park for a week commencing 10th August to this hotel. We would like a few self initiated trips particularly from the harbour. Any advice? But more important have we made the right decision(well silly question as we have booked and not a bad price)

Just another question if we were to have a few beers or a white wine in Rovinj town what would be the price?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel park and Croatia

Half a litre of local beer was about £1.80 on average this month, a half litre of house wine about £3 in most restaurants in Rovinj we went to, obviously you may pay more in upscale places and wine bars if you are having better ones by the glass or bottle. But drinking is a thankfully affordable pursuit in Croatia.

Edited: 26 June 2013, 13:53
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel park and Croatia

Thanks that is good news!

Did you take any boat trips offered in the harbour?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel park and Croatia

No, we have done what we wanted on previous trips so I can't really give you up to date information on that. The Lim Fjord is worth seeing. The only thing we did do this time, was take the launch over to Red Island one afternoon for a swim after a very tedious bus journey from Rijeka. Otherwise we relaxed at Valalta and did a boat trip/fish picnic from there.

Edited: 26 June 2013, 17:20
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel park and Croatia

many thanks

Wales
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel park and Croatia

We have stayed at the hotel 3 times over the last 8 years, and we go again at he end of July. It's a bit dated but very clean. The food is good and the views are amazing. You wont find boom boom discos or bars here, but the bar on the prom under the hotel has music or a singer nightly.

The Hotel Park have a free trip to red Island once a week. It's worth going. There are a number of boat trips on offer from the harbor, Lim Fjord is a good one, as is the trip to Venice. You will also find the ferry to Porec at the main harbor near the fountain in the main square.

Have a lovely holiday

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel park and Croatia

This is so useful and thank you so much. and as we may be in bed by 10.30 and up at 7 we think we have made the right choice !!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel park and Croatia

You will love Rovinj. You will wear out your camera around the Old Town.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel park and Croatia

I have just got back from a wonderful week in Rovinj.

I did the Lim fjord boat trip. I just picked up it from a lady selling tickets by the side of the harbour. Price was 150 kn but without any prompting she said she would do it for 120kn.

I also took the ferry across to the island where Hotel Istra is located, walked across the causeway to the adjoining island and walked round stopping at one of the small bays. I didn't have time to visit Katerina Island or do the day trip to Briunji Island.

If you drive I would recommend hiring a car as there is so little traffic on the roads. This would be ideal to visit the hilltop villages (like being in Tuscany) as I did not rate the Thomson trip I took.

Edited: 27 June 2013, 12:27
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel park and Croatia

I agree Carol on hiring a car to do the hilltop towns and villages. Before this year, I had never considered driving abroad, but for a first time, there is no easier place than Istria. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can. Car rental for a day was a cost of half of what the Istrian tour would have been for a couple, also looking at the details in the Atlas excursion leaflet we would not have seen anything like as much as we did. It is also great fun to drive there with that amount of traffic, just as the UK used to be...now, I only get the same experience in Scotland.

You can do the Lim Fjord with or without fish picnic (I think), we did it with fish picnic way back in 2003, if you want to make a day of it, that is nice, else the short version is probably enough. If you want to swim, the water off Red Island, the adjoining island to the Hotel Istra, is cleaner than anything just off Rovinj, as clean as that is by our standards.

Edited: 27 June 2013, 13:41
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel park and Croatia

Did you hire a car from any firm in particular?

Get answers to your questions about Rovinj
Recent Conversations