We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Hvar to Rovinj

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Hvar to Rovinj

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can give me current information about getting from Hvar to Rovinj in the end of April, 2014. I am struggling with the ferry website, and it seems like the ferry schedule is not consistent. We will have a car, but I would be happy to take a ferry if that would be less stressful.

If driving is the only way, I am wondering if it will be too much for one day? Is there another good place in between to break up the trip?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks very much!

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,423 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Hvar to Rovinj

Calculate the drive time using google maps or viamichelin website. It would be too much for me in one day, but I have no idea how many hours you like to drive in one day.

Zadar would be a good choice for a stopover, as would Plitvice National Park if it is not on your itinerary already.

What exactly are you struggling with on the jadrolinija website? There used to be a coastal ferry from Stari Grad (Hvar) to Rijeka, and it is up in the air as to whether that will run this year. That would have been your only option.

This link is the schedule you will use form going between Split and Stari Grad.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Hvar to Rovinj

Thanks for the help! I think I will add Plitvice to the itinerary. Problem solved! :-)

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Hvar to Rovinj

Rovinj - Hvar can be made in one day , I usually travel from rijeka at 7am to get slowly to the2,30 pm ferry from Split.

4. Re: Getting from Hvar to Rovinj

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 06:28
Get answers to your questions about Rovinj
Recent Conversations