We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Park Rovnij Croatia - Beaches

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Park Rovnij Croatia - Beaches

Hi, can anyone please tell me are there any sandy/stoney beaches or coves near the hotel that you can walk to and do they have any facilities to hire sun beds and umbrellas. Also are they any restaurants on these beaches,

Many thanks, Val

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Park Rovnij Croatia - Beaches

If you come out of the hotel and head in the opposite direction to town, walk along the sea front and in about 10 minutes you will come to a national Park (next to Hotel Eden). Just through the park entrance you will see a small beach area with sun beds. I don't know if they hire towels but I am sure the Hotel Park will provide pool towels which you can take with you. There was a small cafe here which definitely sold drinks - I'm not sure about food but they may have done.

Alternatively hire bikes and cycle into the park. Here you will come across many rocky bays and coves which are pleasant to relax at and plunge into the sea - take plastic shoes to make it more comfortable to walk.

Edited: 28 April 2014, 09:49
The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Park Rovnij Croatia - Beaches

Further on into the forest park CarolNorthYorkshire describes there is a restaurant which serves food 'Laurel Grill' - I only stopped there for a drink last year so can't comment on food quality.

From Facebook / Maistra website I also believe that there is a new beachfront been made by the Eden and Lone hotels - http://www.maistra.com/Eden_Rovinj/Beaches (The hotels Eden and Lone belong to the same chain of hotels as the Park Hotel - Maistra) - they offer sunbed rental, beach towels, cocktail bar, food etc.

Another idea is to use the small supermarket near the hotel Park, stock up on some wine/beer/soft drinks and snacks and sit with a picnic on one of the rocky coves or in the forest park.

Hope you enjoy Rovinj, I'ts the only place where I've booked to return when I've actually still been there on holiday :-)

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Park Rovnij Croatia - Beaches

Another thought,

You could always take the ferry over to St. Andrew / Red Island for the day, the ferry leaves from a jetty only a few minutes walk from the Hotel Park.

There is a hotel on the Island so you could have lunch, ice cream etc and there is a gravely/stone beach.

Last year we got one free return ferry ride included to the Island while staying at the Eden hotel, maybe someone will be able to say if there is a similar offer on at the Park, if not the return ferry cost was 40 kuna per person

For more info on St. Andrews Island I found this website with ferry times etc - crveniotok.com/How-to-get-to-red-island.aspx

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Park Rovnij Croatia - Beaches

I have the entire Rovinj coastline in my MTB Street view movie, so you can see pretty much all the beaches (there should also be link to pictures in the movie's decripton). Then you can choose which area you like the best - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M35I33JH00

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Park Rovnij Croatia - Beaches

Red Island is a lovely option not least because the water, especially off the Maskin island part over the causeway is very clear. No beds on the rocky coves on the far side, but there are ladders into the sea and a shower. Take a picnic.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Park Rovnij Croatia - Beaches

Hi Carol

Thanks so much for your email, really appreciate your reply. It was just not a lot was said about any beaches on the Thomson webside. Many thanks once again.

Kind regards

Val

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Park Rovnij Croatia - Beaches

Hi Suzie

Thanks so much both emails are really helpful and will certainly try all as you and Carol have sugessted

Many thanks and kind regards

Val

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Park Rovnij Croatia - Beaches

Thank you so much great video of Rovnij you can see how beautiful it is.

Kind regards

Val

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Park Rovnij Croatia - Beaches

Hi, Rosebird, thank you so much that sounds a wonderful idea

Kind regards

Val

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Park Rovnij Croatia - Beaches

Lots of good options for you already, I'm a great fan of Red Island,

Villas Rubin is a possibility, turn left (facing the sea) away from Rovinj and keep going!