We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brioni bus Venice to Rovinj

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
870 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Brioni bus Venice to Rovinj

We are planning to take the Brioni bus from Venice to Rovinj in early September. On their website it seems that the tickets are bookable only one month ahead. Are the tickets in general freely available? Or should I buy them as soon as they become available on the website?

J S
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brioni bus Venice to Rovinj

Beats me but we are doing this same routing late July. We will be departing from the Venice Mestre station though. I have emailed the Brioni bus company and they have been great in replying quickly.

Edited: 06 July 2014, 17:56
Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brioni bus Venice to Rovinj

I strongly advise against this company. I took the Brioni bus from Venice to Rovinj on July 2 and their drivers are total bullies and jerks. I arrived right on time (not early because I had to travel the length of the whole place to find a bathroom) and even though it was right at that moment 1:45 in the afternoon, they were already pulling out. I waved at them and knocked on the bus and they finally stopped. They pulled out their own copy of the email confirming my payment so they knew that I was pre-booked for that bus but didn't care to wait even ONE MINUTE. Also, I was carrying only a small backpack, the kind that is eligible to fly on ANY airline in europe as a carry-on (Ryan Air, Easyjet) and would have fit easily in the overhead shelf, instead they insisted that I put the bag below the bus charging me a euro that I didn't have because I had already used up all my euro money on purpose. I asked again if I could put my bag overhead since it would easily fit and they threatened to throw me off the bus. I repeated again that I didn't have any euros and they said that I would probably lose my bag when we arrive in Rovinj because they will not wait for me to go to an ATM when we arrive. I finally remembered that I had a couple of American Dollars and they gave me a terrible exchange rate but took the money. THEN, they gave me a very hard time for the whole rest of the ride, I tried to sit in the front sit since I don't do well on buses and even though the whole bus was empty and the guy had his own seat next to the driver (down one step) they would not let me sit in the seat behind the driver. They continued to treat me in a brusque manner and were absolute bullies.

Tower City, North...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brioni bus Venice to Rovinj

that is preety much normal in Cro and you are not being bullied.

every single one bus company will tell you to leave your bag down, unless it is small woman or school bag. and they will charge you for that.

also mostly first row is "reserved" to them

So all this what you described is normal here.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Brioni bus Venice to Rovinj

i agree, driver just insisted on the standard rules. Moreover, you didn't have proper money to pay services what is only your fault.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brioni bus Venice to Rovinj

Not having the proper money for something I didn't need is not an excuse to treat a person poorly.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brioni bus Venice to Rovinj

I was indeed being bullied - it's not just what he said but his continued yelling at me and poor treatment. You weren't there so you can't know. He indeed was a total jerk.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brioni bus Venice to Rovinj

I took five buses while in Croatia and none of them made me put my bag on the bottom of the bus except this one.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brioni bus Venice to Rovinj

Oh come on guys, the guy was bullied first by a rude driver and now you are bullying him for having complained. I don't get this... Drivers belong to tourism industry and as such must be pleasant, well behaved, etc. Everything else is not appropriate. Fullstop. And if someone has a problem - yeah, you should also kick him in his head! Manners, manners...

Tower City, North...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Brioni bus Venice to Rovinj

i just said that every bus company in croatia charge you for bag and they put bag down. nobody ask you do you want it or not. same was to me in asia and i didnt say i word even if it was small bag.

it can be that driver was rude, but rule to leave bag down and pay for it is there forever and in every major bus company. if you drive with some small private company or on some organized tour maybe they dont ask, but this "big" companies do it every time.

it was your problet that you didnt have euros, but yes he could get over it or leave you to pay it late.

i really dont know how bad exchange rate he could give you since amount was 1 euro lol

unless you gave him 10usd for 1 euro

next time if you use Cro buses just prepare 10kn for that s..t you'll need it soon or later.

J S
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brioni bus Venice to Rovinj

Traveling in three days....same routing...Venice Mestre to Rovinj....we have two Osprey 33 liter packs and a small purse.

We will see...thank you for the advice. Always glad to have the information before hand!

I did email the bus line to see what their bag policy is though.

Get answers to your questions about Rovinj