We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses to local beaches

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ironbridge, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Buses to local beaches

Hi,

I have scoured the forums,but can't find an answer to my question....forgive me if it is there....

I am travelling to Rovinj at the end of August, and am wondering whether it is possible to reach any of the local beaches(Scaraba, Zlanti.rt) by bus ? I am not able to walk or cycle any great distance.If not, would getting a taxi be a viable alternative ?

If this is not possible, does anyone have any suggestions of spots that would be peaceful and near the sea ,within a short walk/bus ride ? A short walk for me is around 15 minutes.

Thankyou in advance for you suggestions

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses to local beaches

As far as I know there is no public transport to Scaraba beach and those around. There is a car park and an estimated 30 minute walk from Rovinj

Ironbridge, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses to local beaches

Thankyou Danny G, do you have any insight as to whether there are alternatives ? Would the islands be a better solution ? I am not lazy, just ill !

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses to local beaches

Hello,

Where are you staying in Rovinj? If you let us know I'm sure forum members might be able to suggest somewhere within walking distance.

Suzie :-)

Ironbridge, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses to local beaches

Hi,we are right in the centre,near the church (uphill,I know),which seemed like the best choice,until I looked at the beach situation. We'll probably only want a few beach days,in between enjoying the sights,but I think I may have made the wrong choice. It's too late to change accommodation,but I am trying to figure out how best to do things. Thanks for your help x

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses to local beaches

Kathryn I'm slightly concerned because you mention you want quiet and peaceful. I'm afraid quiet and peaceful do not equate with Croatian coastal areas in August.

Can I suggest you send a Private Message to TowerofFlour a DE for Istria (see above Rt. column) and explain your situation. She is local from the area and is the most likely person to give you advice. I hope you find somewhere and if you do please come back and tell us as I'm sure plenty of people on here would be grateful to find somewhere without the crowds.

I

Ironbridge, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses to local beaches

Quiet and peaceful is just for the odd day on the beach.....I am extremely happy with lively for the rest of the time, and in the evening......I just fancied having a little relax in some of the lovely coves that seem to be around, but only reachable by bicycle or car, hence the question about public transport. Never mind, I'm sure I will stumble upon something, possibly literally.

Ironbridge, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses to local beaches

Even a noisy, packed beach would be great,if I can get to it !

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buses to local beaches

kathryn - a new beach has just been opened this year near the town centre. It surrounds the 5* hotel Monte Mulini. You can see it on Youtube www.youtube.com/watch?v=whm78IUWWYg.

Ironbridge, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buses to local beaches

That looks lovely, I'm sure we can find a spot to break my journey, thanks

10. Re: Buses to local beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:15