We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name of Side Chapel in St. Lawrence Cathedral?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
50 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Name of Side Chapel in St. Lawrence Cathedral?

Hello everyone,

I'm finally working on my photo album from my May 2009 trip to Croatia, and I can't find a bit of information in my Lonely Planet guide or on the internet.

I'm trying to figure out the name of the side chapel in St. Lawrence church with the little torch holding cherub behind doors bas reliefs.

Here's a picture if that helps - …photobucket.com/albums/…IMG_2185.jpg

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
692 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Name of Side Chapel in St. Lawrence Cathedral?

Hi, I guess that is the chapel-grave of Bl. Ivan Trogirski (St.John from Trogir), the work of famous architects Nikola Firentinac, Andrija Alesi and Ivan Duknovic. Comparing to the rest of the cathedral it is all very clean and in white marbel..it was built additionaly in 15th century. Hope you liked Trogir!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
50 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Name of Side Chapel in St. Lawrence Cathedral?

Thank you!

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
692 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Name of Side Chapel in St. Lawrence Cathedral?

You are welcome.

4. Re: Name of Side Chapel in St. Lawrence Cathedral?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2010, 06:19