We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

croatianvillas.com

Worcester, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
croatianvillas.com

Hi,

Looking at booking an apartment with this company.Has anyone used them before?If so are they a reputable company?I've noticed they want the standard 30% deposit but then the full amount at a later date before we even arrive in Croatia.Always a bit wary having been scammed in the past!

Thanks in advance

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
509 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: croatianvillas.com

That is completely normal way of cooperation, you need to pay in advance to book a date, otherwise someone else can book a date.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: croatianvillas.com

Absolutely normal way of doing business. Did you ever book a villa anywhere else? They don't want to get scammed either by folks who book and don't pay upon arrival or don't show up after finding something cheaper...

Worcester, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: croatianvillas.com

Yes i booked one in Cavtat last year.I paid a 30% deposit and the outstanding

balance i paid to the owners on arrival,That seems to me a fairer solution.

I've paid the full amount in advance before and ended up out of pocket!

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,112 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: croatianvillas.com

I don't know the company but they are registered in Wood Green, London so you would have some comeback being a UK customer. You appear to be paying the company directly rather than the owners of the properties as you do in much of Croatia. This is how I used to book holidays through mainstream holiday companies to go to Greece - you certainly paid it all upfront before you went.

If you are unhappy about this type of booking method perhas try direct bookings through something like Owners Direct?

London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: croatianvillas.com

have not booked with them ourselves, but many villas in our neighbourhood near Trogir have been using Croatian Villas for years as a way to rent/advertise their villas, and we've heard very good comments, Croatian Villas seem to be a pretty well run establishment.

It is a typical rental contract for villas, to ask for 30% to reserve the villa for the days required, and the balance to be paid 30 or 60 days before arrival. We have a villa near Trogir which we will be renting from next summer and we also will have similar payment arrangements. As someone above has already commented, Villa owners want to ensure that guests are serious and will turn up, having paid the agreed rental price.

6. Re: croatianvillas.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Trogir
Recent Conversations