We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries out of Trogir and Donji Seget

Which Trogir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cardiff
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Ferries out of Trogir and Donji Seget

Hoping to visit some coastal places and islands next September without going into Split. Is it possible to get the ferry from Donji Seget to the islands nearby or is it only for vehicles? Also hoped we could hop all the way to Sibenik but it doesn't look practical. Any help out there? We have been to Trogir and Split so our interest is in nice places nearby. Suggestions please.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries out of Trogir and Donji Seget

According to the website the ferry calls at Seget Donji exclusively for the embarkation/disembarkation of vehicles. I suppose you could get round this by finding someone who will let you sit in their car while driving on or off. There are plenty of buses to Sibenik. You could get the boat along the coast from Sibenik to Vodice and return by bus or vice versa.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferries out of Trogir and Donji Seget

The Jadrolinija ferry runs from Trogir to Mali and Veli Drvenik but because you can't get vehicles on at Trogir it then stops at Seget Donji. It has never occurred to me that you couldn't get on as a foot passenger here - I imagine any local people do but I don't know where you buy tickets for Jadrolinija in Seget Donji. If you can find the office then you could always check it out. I think that the Drveniks are great to visit - Mali Drvenik even has a sandy beach at Vela Rina. There are no boats up to Sibenik; bus only.

cardiff
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferries out of Trogir and Donji Seget

I don't think we are up to asking to sit in someone's car. I'll keep looking. Thanks for response.

cardiff
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferries out of Trogir and Donji Seget

Thanks Jude C. Great answer. You are probably right but as I want to plan ahead I'll have to decide between Dvrenik and going up the coast. Meanwhile I have booked 3 nights at Donji Seget in Villa Ana. We may well take their excursion to Krka NP and then get over to Dvrenik. Thanks.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferries out of Trogir and Donji Seget

Rogoznica and Primosten are good to visit - both accessible by bus too. Krka is great too - it isn't the poor alternative to Plitvice but a completely different experience. I've been 3 times at different times of year. Ask your hosts how locals get to Mali & Veli Drvenik - there are a lot of people with summer properties there who just go over for the weekend.

cardiff
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferries out of Trogir and Donji Seget

Thanks I'll do that. I am waiting to here from the hosts.

7. Re: Ferries out of Trogir and Donji Seget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Trogir