We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping! What is good to bring back to the US?

Which Guayaquil hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
5 posts
Save Topic
Shopping! What is good to bring back to the US?

The last time we were in Ecuador I discovered these unbelievable pillows that cost a whopping $5 each. I brought back as many as I could carry or stuff into my suitcases.

I also love to bring back Tango chocolate treats for everyone in the US. They are so cheap per pack, known to be from Ecu and they are so yummy.

Anything else I should look out for??

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping! What is good to bring back to the US?

a panama hat ?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping! What is good to bring back to the US?

The chocolate truffles made in the cooperativa in Salinas de Guaranda would be great if your friends love chocolate; they are available at the Salinerito outlet in Quito. Likewise, the truffles from Corfu are outstanding. If there are kids in the picture, you can buy hilarious knitted hats at the artisans' market in Quito made to look like various animals; they are lined with soft flannel. The finger puppets are fun, too.

If you enjoy art there is an artist at the sidewalk market at El Ejido on the weekends who exhibits lovely line drawings and paintings; the drawings often feature various sports and he will do custom work if you can wait a few days or a week. Another artist just down from him does hyper-realistic paintings of various fruits; my favorites are the tomates del arbol.

For something really special visit the jeweler Byron Ushiña at ARI Gallery on the San Francisco plaza; his work is unique and very high quality.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping! What is good to bring back to the US?

Whoops, sorry, I just noticed this is the Guayaquil subforum.

4. Re: Shopping! What is good to bring back to the US?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:41