We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ensuring a bus seat back to Quito

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,787 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
ensuring a bus seat back to Quito

I will be in Otavalo several days in February and want to take in the Markets on a Saturday morning, however, I want to ensure I get back to Quito that day. I should be staying near the market, so can take general photos the day before, and will be up early to catch the animal market.

Can I book on a specific bus and get a seat assignment, or is there perhaps a better time of day that will have better chance to get to Quito? I will have one piece of luggage that is carry on size to also contend with.

Mentioned in this post
Otavalo
Otavalo
Imbabura Province, Ecuador
Quito
Quito
Pichincha Province, Ecuador
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,787 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: ensuring a bus seat back to Quito

Does the shuttle bus have a name, or a spanish descriptor? i am staying nearer Old Town, so the shuttle to city centre would help. I am going to Otavalo from Mindo, so as far as getting there, I just cab between the to northern bus stations. I assume, however, the car share going to Otavalo offers the same back. That might also be an option.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Otavalo
Otavalo
Mindo
Mindo
Pichincha Province, Ecuador
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: ensuring a bus seat back to Quito

When you arrive back in to Carcelen from Otavalo, you walk thru to the other half of the station. The stop on the platform is labeled something like Trole/La Y. It was at the far end. When you finish up on the shuttle, You might also try getting on the Trole if the lines are not long, you never know! I did the trick of waiting til I was near the front of the line so was able to grab a seat.

Edited: 22 October 2013, 17:13
Mentioned in this post
Otavalo
Otavalo
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
7,296 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: ensuring a bus seat back to Quito

You can also go to the main road, amd climb on any of the frequent busses (from Ibarra, ...) going to Quito.

14. Re: ensuring a bus seat back to Quito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Otavalo