We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from sharks bay to Nabq bay

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Distance from sharks bay to Nabq bay

hello, i am just wondering how far away it is from sharks bay to nabq bay either walking or travelling via taxi/bus etc.

Staying in sharks bay in June and friends in Nabq bay

Please could someone help me out thanks

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from sharks bay to Nabq bay

Hi, it's not walking distance but maximum 10-15 mins by taxi/local bus.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from sharks bay to Nabq bay

Thanks, also just wondering on prices for drinks, food, taxis etc and what is the best way to change your money, when in the uk or when over in Egypt?

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from sharks bay to Nabq bay

Personally, I tend to change a little over here maybe £50-£100 for the first few days as we tend not to do very much and don't want the hassle of changing money etc but after a few days definately change the rest over there. Your hotel reception as a rule will do it and changing money over there they give you a better rate. They also have cash machines where you put in your sterling and it comes out in L.E. which are very handy.

Always agreed a price with a taxi man before you get in as once it's agreed (generally) thats the price you pay (they will try it on though). We use the local blue battered buses now (you'll see what I mean when you get there) and they're like 20p each for quite a far distance.

If you're buying branded chocolate, crisps, drinks etc yes they're more expensive as they are imported but in Nabq there is a good fixed priced supermarket called Metro and they have loads of stuff even cookies i've seen in Home Bargains!! Bottled water is very cheap 20p upwards depending on bottle size. As for food, my bf says it's the same price as here and prices have crept up since I started going 7 years ago but if you shop around it can be cheaper but when my bf wants to eat he wants to eat and not have to look for the cheapest place etc.

Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions just ask and i'll try and help. I'm sure not everyone will agreed with what i've said on here with prices etc but I am just going off my own experiences.

Cheers!

Nichola

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from sharks bay to Nabq bay

Thanks that has given me some help, as I am staying in sharks bay is there any bars/pubs/restaurants that you would recommend and did you do any excursions, as we are looking to do a few whilst over there - I.e scuba diving, quad biking etc, and if so how much are you looking at paying, thanks again

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance from sharks bay to Nabq bay

I've only been to Sharks Bay during the day to the beach there but I'm sure Soho Square isn't far from there or is in the vacinity. Soho Square is part of the Savoy chain and there are lots of bars/pub/restaurants/shops there with no hassle involved but it can be a little more pricey than other places to eat. We only looked at one menu and it brought tears to our eyes; it was like £40+ for a main!! Which we'd only pay that if we were celebrating something. But there are cheaper places but generally there are more equivalent to the UK.

I don't scuba but there are loads of places if you're willing to do a little research. We did quad biking in August with Sinai Safari Adventures (there's a review under my profile) we paid £20 each for a quad each and there was only us two on the trip which made it very personal as you do see (and I have been previously) trips with 30+ quads. We paid our guide directly the £20 on pick up at our hotel. The company is run by Tim and Janet a British couple who were more than helpful with info etc. They are currently no.2 under the 'Tours' tab under the 'Things to do' tab at the top of the page.

When are going and where are you staying?

Hope this helps.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance from sharks bay to Nabq bay

Yes, this is a great help, going for 11 nights at te Hilton sharks bay, looking at taking around £500 English pounds, fly out on 10th June, can't wait!

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Distance from sharks bay to Nabq bay

Nice, the HSB gets great reviews and many repeat guests so I'm sure you'll have a great time there. 10th June; not long now. We have to wait until the 11th September for 11 nights. You should be fine with that amount of spends as we're planning on taking about the same.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Distance from sharks bay to Nabq bay

Ok, thanks for your help

Cheadle, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Distance from sharks bay to Nabq bay

Hi there Matthew. We stayed at Hilton Sharks Bay last year - I wont repeat my review here but take a look.

We are looking to ago again late September and looking at Nabq Bay this time but want somewhere like Sharks Bay where you can walk around in the evening to somewhere like Soho Square. We are researching at the minute. There are a few bars and restaurants around Soho Square. Can only recommend the Queen Vic as its the only one we visited for a tour company organised Quiz Night. Don't for one minute think tacky Eastenders theme though. It's lovely.

When you visit the shops though do remember that as fancy as the shops look - all the "designer" gear mostly isn't..

In terms of money - we only took about £100 with us and took some out of the cashpoint as well when we were there.

If the Hilton offer you an upgrade bear in mind the Deluxe side of HSB is much further from the sea but is quieter all day. On opening our front door in the morning we had a view of the airport, a balcony view of the pool but there was little if any aircraft noise.

We did Scuba trip to Ras Mohammed and the Star Gazing trips. Both brilliant.

We loved the Hilton but fancy trying somewhere else

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Distance from sharks bay to Nabq bay

Also I just wondering whether there is a water park in the area somewhere too and if it is any good? Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay