We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cigarettes ??

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
cigarettes ??

Due to fly out this week where is the best place to buy cigarettes ??

Thanks

Dumbarton, UK
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cigarettes ??

Apparently there is a duty free shop in sharm town and you need to go within 48hrs of arriving to get the duty free. Sorry a don't no anymore about it but i think i read it in the general advice and tips at the top of the forum

Jen

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cigarettes ??

If your flying with easyjet then duty free in Sharm has a good selection of UK cigs

If not then at the UK airport if you want UK cigs

Kent , UK
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cigarettes ??

There is a Duty Free Shop at Soho Square and in Sharm but as Jendo86 mentions you do need to go within 48 hours and take your passport I think. We were just outside of the time scale and they were really strict. If not, I would recommend the shops inside the hotels. They are monitored quite closely so need to sell the real thing. In supermarkets if you see the popular brands really cheap - dont buy! We bought a packet of 20 and they were fakes and tasted vile!

Have a great holiday - I went in Feb and it seems ages ago!

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cigarettes ??

u can buy them in any supermarket as well may not be real thing but there ok i always have red l&m's when im there and there just like mayfair for the price there good but be careful they still try rip u off when i was there in may there around 150 egyptian for 200 which is roughly which is roughly £15

but like whats been said about duty free there is one in soho sq also in naama bay but take passport with u and u should go with 48 hrs of being in egypt

Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cigarettes ??

We got 200 molboro for £13 from a supermarket called metro its on the opposite side to mcdonalds/kfc/tgi/starbucks

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cigarettes ??

make sure u ask for the real ones as they stock real and fake.. try get pally with them and they should be alright with you. we got 200 real lamberts for £11 in a small shop in nabq...haggle haggle haggle!

Edinburgh, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cigarettes ??

if you smoke menthol ciggies dont leave it til the airport going home as they didnt have menthol at SSH airport when i was there in may

Glasgow, Scotland...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: cigarettes ??

do you know if you can get mayfair cigarettes in sharm? and how much?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cigarettes ??

When you arrive at the airport in Sharm you can buy from the duty free on arrival. Or as others have said go to Soho square in a cab and buy from the duty free there. Defo proper cigs you can purchase 600 per person but you need to take your passports and go within 48 hours.

Although we went once after the 48 hours once and they let us purchase but I wouldn't risk it as they also turn people away.

I don't smoke but bf bought L & M a local brand and got 200 cigs for about £8 or something ridiculously cheap.

Colchester...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: cigarettes ??

Don't think you can Mayfair over there, only popular brands. I always stock up on the plane going over or at uk duty free, approx £36 for 400. I smoke menthol and find limited availability over there. £11 for 200 cigs in the Metro and never ended up with fakes. Don't buy from street traders or markets.... Ended up with fakes once and they were gross

Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay