We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nabq Bay to Soho Square.

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Nabq Bay to Soho Square.

We are going to Nabq Bay on Saturday as we wanted somewhere chilled out during the day and away from the hassle of Naama Bay. Was looking into places to go at night if we fancied and came across Soho Square.

Does anyone know if this is a far journey from Nabq Bay and how much roughly a taxi might be? Looked like there was some good shops, restaurants and bars there that we fancied trying.

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nabq Bay to Soho Square.

Hi

Only a short taxi ride from nabq around 5 to 10 minutes depending where in nabq your hotel is, look to pay around 30 LE each way in a taxi ! Soho is lovely well worth a visit we go every time we are in sharm x

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nabq Bay to Soho Square.

Thank you. Is 30LE an ok price to pay for the taxi ride? I'm not understanding the exchange rate very well at the moment.

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nabq Bay to Soho Square.

thats about £3 its easy really just drop the nought and its roughly there abouts give or take depending on exchange but thats what we do

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nabq Bay to Soho Square.

Hiya

Roughly just short of 10 LE to the pound when you change your money in sharm . So soho from nabq is about £3 for your taxi less if you can haggle hard or your hotel may run a shuttle bus x

uk
Level Contributor
410 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nabq Bay to Soho Square.

Its not far as the others have said, we went twice. Loved the no hassle policy and it was spotless. The taxi will want to know what time you want picked up so think about if your going for a meal or drinks etc so your not rushing. The first time we went we only thought we would be 2 hours so we were getting picked back up again and it was a rush, if we had known we would have went for a meal and made a night of it

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nabq Bay to Soho Square.

Hi, you can get a taxi outside most of the hotels but be very carefull, we got one and i really thought we were going to have a head on collision, the guys driving was just awful.

Make sure you "haggle" with them as well or they will charge you silly prices.

I think its the "dark blue taxis" you want, not the light blue ones.

However ask at your hotel reception and i am sure they will help you.

Hope you have a great time, i am going 16th Sept.... carnt wait.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nabq Bay to Soho Square.

When you said to make sure you get the White and blue taxis rather than the light blue ones- can I askwhy this is please?

:0)

england
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nabq Bay to Soho Square.

You may find that your hotel has an organised trip to Soho once or twice a week last year at the Ghazala Gardens then did this and took about 6-8 in a mini bus with entrance to the ice bar and return was about £15 per person - two of the guys decided to get a cab back and the bus driver said that some taxi drivers were fully licensed like our black cabs in the UK and some were private companies but not sure which is which - but as lynsky says your hotel will have customer service reps who speak english and they will be happy to point you in the right and safest direction. You will be asked about the return journey - when we went to Cairo four of us took a cab to the pyramids and he offered to wait for us - no indication of when we would be returning,but when we had finished our trip there he was fast asleep in the cab - when we asked why he did this, he said a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush - suppose he got a guaranteed two way fare - great service all round.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nabq Bay to Soho Square.

Wow, that does sound like great service veryhappytripper. Do you remember roughly how much this taxi was to and from Cairo?

england
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nabq Bay to Soho Square.

We were staying in Cairo when we did the trip - we did not travel from Sharm to Cairo - but I think that it cost about £40 for all four of us in a cab from the hotel in Cairo to the pyramids, then onto the sphynx and back to Cairo - we did not pay him until the end of the day and he was pleased with the amount of money - I think we could have got it cheaper but we were pleased as well.

Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay